Chapter 9

When she burned her dress
___________________________

"I feel so bad for how I have been acting the whole day. Just telling you this, makes me feel better. I hope that I can talk to my family, my brother, well enough that this issue gets resolved."

Niharika tightened the hug as she said, "Hey, you don't need to say sorry for anything. It's totally fine, I know how difficult it can be to share sometimes even for the always-truth-speaking people like you” Both let out a small chuckle as she added, “Specially when it is something related to your family"

“And I am very to my family, you know” She said making Niharika nod along as she continued, “It’s always been like us against the world, and all the matters of the family stays inside the family. So now sharing them is a bit difficult for me”

Niharika looked down with an almost pretentious smile playing on her lips as she felt guilty for making Avantika share her private matters and as if listening to her thoughts, Avantika continued, “But not with you. You are like an extended family to me”

“My second family”

Niharika, having a confused expression on her face looked up her. She wasn’t confused about what Avantika meant but in fact about whether this was actually happening. Have they really gotten that close? Is there even way to measure the closeness? She didn’t know, she didn’t even know if she was ready to call her a part of her family.

But Avantika meant something to her, something much more that anyone else she had in her life, which is why her expression changed from confused to happy as tears oozed from her eyes.

“You are very important to me too Ava” she said. “You know I have never felt comfortable sharing my thoughts but with you I do, or atleast I’m starting to”

Avantika chuckled hearing her reply, “I’m so glad to have you in my life” Niharika continued. “Everyone deserves someone like you”

And sudden something hit as she stood up straight with an alerted look on her face making Avantika confused as she exclaimed, “Everyone deserves an Ava”

Adding to her confusion she continued, “Even Alaina”

“What?” Avantika asked finally being unable to bear the bizarre behaviour.

“My story, Alaina doesn’t need a boyfriend, she needs a best friend like you. I can’t believe I never thought about this” She said almost jumping at her place as Avantika smiled adoring her. “I’m going to show Deene as her best friend and...”

She continued speaking about what all ideas she had flooding her mind but Avantika cut her in between saying, “don’t have to note it all down”

“Yes yes yes, you genius. I’m gonna go write” she said bolting out of the room leaving Avantika laughing to herself.

Outside she frantically looked for her laptop which had somehow disappeared from her house. She had it last night in her room where could have it gone?

She looked everywhere she could have left it with her heart racing faster with every passing second. But on being unable to find it she picked up a diary from her table lamp as she looked for a pen but before she could proceed any forward she heard the doorbell ring.

With the thought that Avantika will take the door, she continued looking but she heard Avantika shout from outside, “There’s someone for you”