Chapter 1

When Your Coffee Spills
__________________________________

The train came to a halt as she stepped down from it, with earphones plugged in, blasting her favourite tracks. She walked, heading towards the exit of the railway station. Her steps matched the rhythm of the song while her lips moved in sync with the lyrics.

She had a baby face, with sparkling light brown eyes that adorned her exceptionally glowing face with a certain rosiness, a small nose, long dark hair that tumbled over her shoulders and well-formed pink lips. Her petite figure looked adorable in the jumpsuit she had put on.

She walked out of the railway station smiling to herself looking around the beautiful city she just stepped in, the place where she was born, the place she had always adored, the place she always wanted to live, Chandigarh.

Chandigarh was her dream city, she was born here twenty four years ago but much to her dismay, her father had a transfer and they had to shift to Delhi.

It is not like she doesn't like Delhi, she does. She had spent whole of her life there. It was the place where she had grown into this beautiful women, where she made so many friends, where she went to college to fulfill her dream of becoming a doctor, where she experienced love for the first time, all her firsts took place there. It is close to her heart.

But Chandigarh was special, it was her birthplace, where she never got to live.

She stood outside in the parking lot with her eyes searching for someone in the crowd when she felt a tap on shoulder. Removing her earphones she turned around to see her childhood friend and soon-to-be roommate Ava aka Avantika Ahuja standing there.

"You're finally here" she said as they hugged each other. "Without you the last whole week has been so boring"

Avantika Ahuja, former neighbor of Niharika and now her roommate. An unique person, not interested in norms of the society

She is someone who always thinks out of the box. She is daring and likes to experiment with her life. Her parents wanted her to be a doctor like them because she is a single child and should follow the legacy but she just didn't want to, she had seen her parents struggle (if u want to add-working their asses off) and definitely didn't want to live like that.

This rebellious nature is what makes her different from Niharika.

Niharika and Avantika grew almost together, not just because they were neighbors but also because both their parents are doctors and they get along really well. They spent almost every occasion together. But if you leave just the two of them alone in a room, well then, lets just say it was a disaster.

They do care about each other alot, but they always used to fight as a child because they are just too different from one another. Their views towards life are so different.

One sees the world as full of challenges and competitions, then other sees life as full of fairytales and happiness.

Avantika always wanted to do something unconventional, setting an example for other people around her. She wanted to do something challenging, something artistic. So she chose 'Interior designing'. Though she had a few challenges in the start but now she's settled in her life with a job. The reason why she came to Chandigarh.

Whereas Niharika being completely opposite wanted to follow the legacy and become a 'Doctor'. She always loved seeing her parents work for the society. She wanted to do the same. Her parents have always put others before themselves and help the society in any way possible, and she wanted to carry that forward! She wanted to be just like them.