Chapter 4

When they had their first fight
_______________________

It has been about an hour since, Mayank dropped off Niharika at her doorstep. It has been an hour since Niharika has been smiling continuously for no reason at all. It has baan an hour since she has been roaming here and there in her home, doing random stuff just to get rid of that smile.

Niharika was in the balcony that extended from their living room, where Avantika had set up some beautiful plants. She stood there with a watering can slightly tilted towards one of the pot as the water poured out of the spout, filling the roots of the plants with water, quenching their thirst as She smiled to herself and the reason was unknown to her.

Well, to be honest she knew the reason but just wasn't ready to accept it yet. Her subconscious mind exactly knew what was happening but her all time control freak nature, forced her to ignore all the butterflies she felt inside her stomach.

"Okay! Stop smiling Niharika Mehta" she said to herself as she kept the can on the floor and walked inside the room. "You actually look like mental patient"

"I need to distract myself so bad" she said and decided to eat something as way of distraction, because it happens to work for her little brother every time, who is a big time foodie by the way.

She continued with her ramblings inside the kitchen as well while cooking herself a scrambled egg sandwich, and because Avantika was about to return she made some for her as well.

"No doubt, he is sweet and attractive and charming, a little short tempered but he did appologise for that and I get why I am having these feeling" she said to herself spreading the partially cooked egg over the bread and covered it with another bread.

"But why can't I for once think of having just friendship with him, like why do I always have to have ideas for something else in my mind and then friend zone the guy when I realise he's not what I am looking for" she continued rambelling after placing the sandwich into the maker waiting for the orange light to turn green.

"I see a pattern there, Niharika. And not a good one. And I need to control myself-"

"What do you need to control?" Niharika jumped out of fear, listening to a voice right behind her, turning around she saw Ava standing there.

Who else could it have been? She thought.

"Huh?" She replied unsure of how much Ava had heard and what she was supposed to say now.

"I asked what do you need to control" Ava said walking towards the kitchen slab after keeping her gym bag on the sofa and rested her forearms flat on the slab supporting the weight of her body.

Her face had turned red from all the adrenaline rush one feels from working out. Her forehead had few sweat beads and her face looked drained out.

"You look tired" Niharika said being smart about her response.

Ava chuckled at her response saying "You are smart you know that, but yeah you are right. I'll go freshen up"

"But we do need to talk, wait for me, I'll be back in five" saying so she left leaving her bag on the sofa only, making Niharika nod her head in disbelief. Along side she felt slightly relieved that she didn't ask any more questions right away.