Chapter thirteen

Marisa still sat on the ground in shock of what happened only minutes prior with her mother. Lyra never left her mothers side, even when Marisa told her to.

The golden monkey still in shock, comforted his human and was waiting for her to push him away, but instead she pulled him in for a hug.

"We need to get away.. far away. Start off fresh"

Lyra looks at her mother confused. She liked living in the flat, she may not off had some good memories at the beginning, but she wouldn't want to leave.

"What do you mean start fresh mama? I like living here. I don't want to move"

"We aren't safe here anymore Lyra. Where I'm thinking you'll love it there, but it will take some time to get use to"

"When do we leave?"

"First thing tomorrow morning Lyra. I'll need you to pack a bag, I'll worry about everything else"

Lyra got up and went to her room to pack. She didn't know what to pack, did she have to pack worm, pack light, how long were they going to be gone for. Lyra thought she would ask first so she had an idea.

Marisa dashed to her room once Lyra left her side, she was muttering things under breathe
"I hope it's still there, damn it where are those darn keys" the monkey just stared and pointed to a draw and Marisa searched those draws and found the keys she was looking for.

Lyra saw her mother going through her room like a panserbjørn chasing a seal, she wasn't sure what she was looking for,  but she didn't want to get in her mothers way.

"Excuse me mama, what do I need to pack?"

Marisa stops dead in her tracks and looks at her child, panting from running around she points to the pile of clothes that are on her bed.

"Pack light dear, I'll buy you new clothes when we get to our destination"

Lyra runs back to her room grabs her bag and just throws anything in it. It only took Lyra a few minutes to pack her bag, so she thought she would go see if anything else needed to be packed or done.

Still running around in her bedroom, Marisa is still frantically looking for something. This something would be important for their new life, it's all her essays and research she did while she was educated at St Sophia's college. Finally remembering that she kept them in a locked cupboard in her study. Marisa grabbed her bag that had money, some food and other things with her to put all her research in so she didn't lose them.

Lyra waits patiently in the hallway, awaiting any new orders.

"Have you packed your bag Lyra?"

"Yes"

"Ok, rest for now, as we leave early in the morning"

Lyra started to turn to go to her room, then she quickly turns around and looks back at her mother.

"Can I sleep in your bed tonight?"

Without hesitation, Marisa whisked up her young child and they just laid in Marisa's big bed till both passed out.

The following morning came rather quickly and Marisa was up first making sure she had everything she needed and that all their bags were in the hallway waiting to be taken down to the foyer. Once satisfied with everything, Marisa went to wake her child.

Lyra didn't want to wake up as she was having the best dream, Pan ended up nipping his human so she could wake up.

"Come on quickly Lyra, get dressed. We need to leave now"

Lyra slowly got out of bed and walked towards her room to get some clothes, not realising her mother has already grabbed her some.

"Here Lyra, put these on. QUICKLY"

Lyra finally dressed and all their bags down in the foyer they were finally ready to leave London.

Marisa remembered when she use to be with Asriel, he discovered a window to another world, where there was no Magisterium and everyone was free to do what they pleased. Not long after Lyra was born, she traveled to this world and purchased a small house where she had planned to take Lyra, but she never got that chance.

The walk wasn't very long. Marisa made sure to stay well hidden just in case her mother saw them and tried to stop them. Since the day her mother found out Marisa was pregnant with Lyra, madame Delamare vowed to raise Lyra as a proper young lady as she failed with Marisa. Madame Delamare didn't like the fact that Lyra was conceived out of wedlock, and ruined her daughters reputation. 

"Come Lyra, through here"

Lyra was surprised at what she saw. This new world was so much like the one she just left.

They walked for about twenty minutes and then they finally found it. The house Marisa purchased all those years ago. During her absence Marisa would pay someone to watch it and make sure it stayed clean and tidy.

Lyra stopped and gazed at this beautiful little house.

"Are we going to live here? Lyra looked up at her mother, then back at the house in awe.

This little house was like something she saw in a book the librarian gave her for a birthday. It was the perfect size for both Lyra and Marisa.