The Littlest Vampire // Max Phillips

The first induction of this story is listed on my Tumblr if you'd like to pop in and read it, it's very...sexy.

(Max Phillips x F!Reader)

I went rushing into the bathroom, collapsing before the toilet and barely raising the seat before vomiting up my sister's gooseberry pie. My arms fell limp hanging around the bowl as I spat the rest into the now murky water. "Wanna tell me again how it's just a stomach bug?" My sister Lauren asked. She was standing in the door way.

"I'm not in the mood for your juvenile quips." I muttered. I sighed, standing up and flushing the toilet. "Does Max know yet?" She asked. I scoffed, rinsing my hands in the sink. "Of course not. If he knew, he wouldn't believe me. Or worse, he'd think out of desperation I slept with someone else." "He would not." She assured. I wiped my hands on the towel, frowning.

We returned to the living room. I was a little winded for a second. Max was bouncing a happy Wyatt on his lap, making sweet faces and noises as the infant reached forward to grab him. His sight found my own. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah, just a little sick." He frowned. "You've been sick a lot lately, honey." "It's just a seasonal thing I'm sure." I said, dismissively said.

Jill and Holly were sitting on the floor, playing with their toys while a movie played on Lauren and John's mounted television. "You want me to take him?" Lauren asked Max. Wyatt had fallen asleep after a long session of peekaboo. "Oh, he's fine. I mean, only if you want to take him." Max said. "It's naptime for him anyways." Lauren said, scooping him from Max's arms.

Max seemed a little disappointed, as if Lauren had snatched up his favorite toy and told him he wasn't allowed to play with it anymore. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were disappointed." I teased. He sighed. "I'm fine...just fine." He said. I reached over, grabbing his hand and squeezing it. "I know."

Since Christmas, the wind had been blown from Max's sails. He had been less cheery and sarcastic. More reserved and depressed. Despite me being sick, Max had not wanted to have sex. I felt gross, inadequate and disappointed with myself. I had spent many nights sobbing.

Max had done his best to deal with my emotional mood swings which rapidly torn into our lives. I blamed it on the stress of working from home. I didn't want to accept what I knew to be the truth and I was more than afraid Max would never accept it.

My fingernails lightly scratched Max's scalp as Dr. No played on my sisters TV. It was near 9:30. The girls had been put to bed. Max's head was resting on my chest as his hand circled loving rubs above my stomach. "When were you going to tell me?" He murmured. "Mm?" I quizzically hummed. "That you're pregnant." He cooed.

His hand paused, settling firmly against my womb. "I can hear it. That little heart beat." He said. I was frozen, laying there. He shifted around, sitting up to look at me. "Max, I—" I didn't know what to say. Tears started to well in my eyes as I sat there. Guilt set in as I felt even worse for NOT saying something sooner.

"I didn't know how to tell you. I was so worried you'd think it was a cruel joke." I whimpered. I shifted around to sit up as Max moved off me. "Or-Or worse...that I had—somehow been unfaithful because you-you can't—" I couldn't get the sentence out. By this time I was a blubbering mess. "Wow...you really gave this a lot of thought, didn't you?" He asked.

I just kept my head in my hands, sniffling softly. "I'm not upset with you. Not at all. I just—it'll take a moment to absorb it." He said. He reached forward, fingers wrapping around my wrists and pulling them down. My cheeks were blotted with pinkish hues. "If I could cry...I would be." He said, thumbs stroking against the fat of my cheeks. "I love you." He said, gently. "I love you too." I answered back. He pulled me forward into a gentle kiss.

The kiss slowly started to grow wild as Max pulled himself closer to me. He planted his hands on the cushions. "M-Max..." I said, placing my hands on his chest. "The only thing stopping me from having you right now is the fact that we're over here." He purred. I giggled softly. "Later, I'll indulge you." I assure.

At midnight, we watched the ball drop on television. The squealing and whining of gunpowder exploding in the air sounded off. Bright vibrant green, orange, white, blue and red hues painted the skies. We were standing on my sister's back patio, staring up at the sky. "Happy New Year." Max said. "Happy New Year."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Max was a dedicated and devotional father. He always made sure I was okay. He read every book, went to every class and followed every rule the doctor gave. But he did give a little into my fusses when it would get bad. But nothing—and I mean nothing—in the human world or the vampire world, would prepare him for the tumultuous journey that was child birth.

Max couldn't be in the room with all the blood. It was too much for him to bear. After 7 long grueling hours of steadied breathing and an epidural, a little boy was born. Max hadn't slept at all (not that he really needed to). But his adjustment into human society had made him a little weak to his lack of physical limitations.

But his attention was caught with the sounds of a screaming and crying baby. He wanted to rush into the hospital room to see. The nurse staff came out with the child. "Hey! Where are you going?" He asked. "They're just taking the baby to clean him up. You're welcome to follow them, Mr. Phillips." The nurse assured. Max's attention shifted between the hospital room and the people leaving.

Just then, Lauren came around the corner with John and Wyatt. The girls were in school. "I'll stay with her, John can go with you." She said. Max felt a little at ease. He left with John. "I'm her sister." Lauren said. "Of course, as soon as we clean up, you'll be welcome to come see her. In the meantime, please wait in the waiting room."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

An hour or so later, Max was sitting with me in the room. I was asleep. The doctor said I was clear to go home, but I wanted to sleep a bit first. Max had lost himself in the bundle of joy he was cradling in his arms.

The child looked nothing like him; not by any means of paleness. He had her beautiful skin, but had Max's nose with that soft little ridge. His cheeks were pudgy as his eyes were glued shut almost. Max gave a quivering sigh and suddenly, tiny droplets speckled the receiving blanket. He was crying.

Once Max had questioned his love for you. He'd questioned why you loved him and what could compel you to love such an evil being. You told him you knew he was good somewhere on the inside. Now a single question littered his mind: how could something so ugly and evil...make something so beautiful? Then it became clear. The goodness Max had dusted the baby's cheeks as he yawned. His fingers wriggled free from the receiving blanket, finding his father's hand instantly.

The red and wrinkled fingers enclosed around Max's large index finger. The grip was strong and unyielding. "You're almost too good for me." He murmured.

You're the best part of me, little one.

A/N: we're just going to take the Twilight route here & vampires can procreate with humans. 💗