【8】

My voice was caught in the throat while my breath was starting to hitch and all I could do was look at those two with my mouth agape.

Concerned, Sayuri looks behind her trying to figure out why her foreigner friend was suddenly looking so petrified. Following my line of vision Sayuri spotted the two redheads which seemed to be the subject of my distress.

"Do you know those two Sakamaki brothers ?" Leaning closer towards me, Sayuri asked in a hushed tone so as to not be overheard by other people.

Snapping my attention back to the brunette, I answered casually trying my best not to looks suspicious or something. " Ah no not at all I don't know them....., You know what Sayuri"

Taking a big gulp from the water bottle, I stood up as quietly as possible while holding my tray.
"I am done with my lunch, so I am heading back first. I will see you later, bye"

Not waiting for the poor girl's reply, I started heading out towards the hallway in a discreet but swift speed trying my best not to attract any unwanted attention.

I was so focused on not getting caught by the two redhead vampires that I failed to notice a pair of eyes, watching my movements intently with a little hint of amusement.

Disposing my tray at the exit, I hastened myself out of the cafeteria not stopping my steps until I knew I was miles away from the said place. I made my way to the most safest place possible which was the girls restroom, while hoping that none of them were scurrilous enough to actually enter such place.

Locking myself in one of the empty bathroom stalls, I quickly sat down on the toilet seat to calm myself down after this whole unpleasant scenario.

Despite being far away from them my heart was still beating like crazy while my arms and legs were still shaking a little and my whole body was covered with goosebumps. I feel really frustrated for being so scared but still, I am happy that I managed to escape safely without gaining any unnecessary attention.

It was a good thing that Sayuri didn't try to call out to me or anything while I was leaving, if she had done that then the situation might have become incorrigible. I felt bad for abandoning her like that without even giving a proper reason but then again me and her are in quite circumstances, I know something that I shouldn't be knowing which makes my situation more precarious so of course I would prioritised my life over being friends with someone who I just met few hours ago.

After this whole ordeal, one thing is crystal clear that this is no imitation, imagination or whatsoever, this is 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙞𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙠 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨 , the real deal. This is not a high school anymore, this is a stage, a stage of life where my chances of survival all depend on how well I play the part of a bystander.

Would I be able to go through the whole day smiling despite knowing the fact that a certain girl is shedding tears of agony, begging someone to save her from this hell ? or Will I throw away my self serving personality and go help that miserable girl even if it endangers my life ? I don't know. This is something only time will tell.