【9】

There is a saying that a person's true nature reveals itself during a crisis, this is one of the reasons why police, military etc often resort to pressuring or torturing methods to bring out the truth from criminals as people cannot lie easily whe...

There is a saying that a person's true nature reveals itself during a crisis, this is one of the reasons why police, military etc often resort to pressuring or torturing methods to bring out the truth from criminals as people cannot lie easily when their life is on the line or when there is now way out of the situation.

If you are still able to keep up with your façade despite being called out, then that means you are either a very good liar or you have fallen so deep in your lie that you don't know the truth anymore.

Suddenly waking up in a new body and that too in a new world filled with blood thirsty monsters, I knew I had no choice but to lie and live a life of falsehood.

I was aware that no matter how well I deceive people, sooner or later the truth will come to light and I will be forced to spill the beans and when that time comes, I will not run away I will embrace the truth. Those would have been my thoughts if I was not in my current situation.

"Uhhh S-sensei I don't think I heard you correctly, can you please repeat that ?"

"I asked whether your surname is really (L/n) or not" Matsuda sensei asked standing in front of the classroom while holding what seemed to be like a class register.

Me being questioned like that was bound to happen someday whether I wanted it or not, but never in a million years did I think that it would be someone so irrelevant, more over a mob character who doesn't even appear in the actual anime and on top of that, all this happened so early. I was not ready for this and after all the hassle today, I couldn't even think properly.

To begin with I had no idea who Irina, I didn't know her surname nor her parent's name, if she had one. The only thing I knew about her was that she was 17 years old and probably came from a rich background, as she owned a luxurious house and attended a prestigious school.

Since she was surnameless , I decided to adopt my past life surname to avoid doubts and suspicions but it ended up putting me in a more troublesome situation instead.

Now the question is how should I invade this situation, should I say that I have no idea what is he talking about and beat around the bush ? or should I say that due to family issues, I had to change my surname ?

The latter seem more appealing but then again what if he knows about my family after all he is my teacher, there is a possibility that he might have met a guardian or someone. I think I should go with the first option, though it lacks certainty, but at the same time it is less sceptical.

"Sensei you are not making any sense at all, why wouldn't my surname be (L/n) ? I don't get what are you saying, would you care to elaborate ?"

'Oh shit did I come out too rudely but I didn't want to be seen as a pushover, I hope he doesn't get angry.' I was inwardly panicking but I tried my best to keep a stoic face so as to not arouse any unnecessary inkling.