Chapter 28 [Epilogue]

Aaliyah
One Year Later...

"Hey, are you listening to me!?" Latoya snaps and I jump a little and nod quickly, covering my mouth while yawning. I think I must have dozed off while having lunch with the Jackson sisters. I can't help it though, I'm always so tired now because I've been working, on top of summer classes and then occasionally satisfying Michael. It's honestly been a bit rough. I prop my face up on my hand with my elbow on the table.

"Yes, I'm listening." I lie and then widen my eyes as Rebbie giggles loudly.

"What? Our brother been sexually draining you?" She teases and I smirk, deciding to mess with her head.

"That and then some." Her face looks horrified and I giggle loudly, remembering that they're still pretty traumatized when they walked in on Michael and I a couple of months ago when it was his birthday.

Like, what the hell did they expect?

He was turning twenty four, we'd just had a really great dinner so he was replenished and he decided to fuck the shit out of me against the wall in the living room.

Sorry not sorry.

"Ew, I don't want to relive that memory." Latoya groans and I smile, then look over as Janet sighs.

"Me either, but it was pretty hot. I've only ever seen things like that in porn." She says truthfully and I blush hotly, soon joining them in the giggle fits. I lean back and tilt my head sideways, then listen to their conversation.

"So I've been seeing this guy and I think he might be the one for me." Rebbie croons, making me smile happily. I always worry about them not dating, especially Latoya, but she's been dating her special someone for awhile as well. I look down at my sandwich that Rebbie just made a few minutes ago and I gag. My hands flies to my mouth, but I push it back down and breathe heavily, attracting attention.

"Liyah, you okay?" Janet lays a hand on my back, rubs it soothingly and I just nod very slowly.

"Yes I'm fine. Just eating too fast." I say slowly and feel okay after a little while of just breathing. I end up eating all of my food and then afterwards, we decide to go for a walk. Once getting outside and strolling calmly, it all turns heavy as Janet grins at me.

"So, do you think Michael is going to ask you to marry him anytime soon?"

Damn, way to drop the marriage bomb on me.

"I actually don't know, but if Devante hasn't asked Bianca, then Michael won't be asking me. I'm okay with that though, really." I say honestly. I don't want to push him into anything.

Especially marriage.

We're doing fine with our relationship and I honestly could go for another year without him proposing.

I definitely don't want to scare him off and or ruin anything.

We're doing so well and I will hate myself if I do anything to mess up what we have accomplished after all of this time together.

~•~

Days Later...

"Aaliyah.." A voice softly calls my name and I groan out in annoyance of it ruining my precious sleep. Huge hands shake me gently and I slowly peel my eyelids back to see Michael smiling softly at me.

"Get up sleeping beauty, I thought maybe you'd want to get out and do something. You've been asleep for like 17 hours." He whispers and I widen my eyes, then roll over and glare at the clock on our night stand.