Chapter 20

Michael

Days Later...

"She seriously doesn't want to talk to me at all." I strictly tell Janet as she's all in my face while I'm trying to work. I haul boxes back and forth from the pile on the cart to the floor where I'll need to unload them, but she just gets in my way and continues to yap her trap.

"No one cares and neither should you, go and talk to her, Michael! I think she might like you more than you think she does." She encourages and it starts to anger me how she can just get my hopes so dangerously high. I turn around and grip her wrist, pulling her close to me.

"Stop speaking these words, Janet. If she does, she'd answer my fucking calls, so just drop it okay? I seriously fucked up and I now know. Leave. Me. Alone!" I hiss and let her go. She rubs her wrist with a frown set upon her face and then she scowls.

"Fine. Fuck it then. Be lonely without anyone to love. I'm leaving!" She snaps and I look after her, looking confused.

"And where do you think you're going!?" I shout after and she just replies back.

"None of your damn business!" And then she disappears. I shake my head in annoyance with her and then my mind starts to drift back to Aaliyah.

Damn, I miss her more than I thought I would.

Her gorgeous brown eyes glaring at me when I piss her off, her stubbornness, her scent, her dimples whenever she smiles or blushes, her laugh-

Fuck, I think I like her more than I thought I did too.

"Great." I breathe wearily as now all I really want is what Devante has now with Bianca. A girl he can call his and doesn't have to worry about his future because she is his future and will always be there. I sigh softly and continue back to my work, working myself twice as hard so I can keep my mind off of what I don't work hard enough to deserve...

    ~•~

Aaliyah

"Yeah, I'm so sorry LiLi, I had no idea all of this shit has been going on the last few weeks." Rashad says as he glances across his apartment at the pretty hazel eyed girl subtly ignoring us. I smiled softly.

"It's okay. I can't blame you for finding a girlfriend and giving her all of your time and love." I say bitterly, heart stinging at the memories of when I actually thought I had that. Rashad drags his eyes away from the girl, who I learned her name is Crystal and smiles at me.

"Thanks LiLi and don't you worry, maybe it will all work out for the best? I mean, you said he's been trying to call you, so maybe it's possible that he's actually sorry and wants this to still work out between the two of you. I know I wasn't too much fond of him in the beginning, but if he told he cheated to your face, that must've meant he realized keeping the lie a secret would've meant he just didn't care for you. You might hate me after saying this, but I finally approve." He says seriously and my eyes widen.

Literally, it feels like my eyes are gonna pop out the sockets.

I can't believe my big brother is confirming an older guy who cheated on me while fake dating me. My eyes water slightly.

"But he cheated, Rashad. How can  I live with it? It brings back too many horrible memories with Xavier." I mumble and Rashad smiles up at Crystal coming to sit by us and he wraps his arm around her and kisses her temple.