Chapter 4

Aaliyah

So it's been exactly a week since the New Year and all I can say is that things have gotten completely weird and crazy. I don't even really know how to describe it, but the events happening today like they've been happening all week should be explanatory enough.

"Devante texted me again last night. He says to call him." I murmur and steal a glance at Bianca. She's flickering her eyes around the hallway and then rolling them as she sees nothing, or should I say the someone she's looking for. Every since we found Mya giving Devante head in the bathroom stall at the party, her and Bianca have been at each other's throats... Literally.

They had a choking war a few days ago, but I instantly reminded Bianca of her being pregnant, so she stopped it before either of them got caught, hurt and in trouble.

Bianca shoots me an irritated look. "And you can tell him that he can go fuck himself again. I'm serious this time, Liyah. I want nothing to do with him."

She mutters and seems far away. I sigh softly and feel grateful as the hallway starts emptying, which means it's the end of the day and everyone is gone, including Mya. We push through the front doors of the school and get bolted to our spots as both Michael and Devante are waiting outside of the school for us like they've been doing everyday since the party.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me!" Bianca groans and I groan too. She turns around and disappears back into the school, while I just suck it up. It's not like Michael is my boyfriend or anything. He's allowed to get as many quickies in the bathroom from random girls as much as he wants.

I do not care. I do not care...

I walk down the school steps slowly, then cringe as Devante shouts out my last name. Turning around, I force a small fake smile on my face.

"Devante. What's up?"

Michael walks slowly behind Devante as he rushes up to me and nearly breaks my neck by how high up I have to tilt my head back to look at him.

"Where's Bianca?" He asks and I groan loudly.

"She went home! Look, I know you want to talk to her about the party last Friday, but give it up. She's absolutely done with you now, Devante, especially since she caught Mya sucking your di--" He quickly darts out and places his hand over my mouth, cutting me off completely. I squeal in aggravation as he growls lowly at me.

"Shut the fuck up! It wasn't even like that! She was drunk and I was tipsy." He lets go of my mouth and I drag a disgusted hand over it and then scoff.

"Yeah whatever, but just know you looked stupid as fuck. You supposedly broke up with Bianca because she's too young for you, but Mya's in our grade too, ya know." I sneer and he smirks as if he's proud with what his brain just thought of to reply back to me with.

"Actually she's 19, and at least she's mature and she can do adult things. And she's older than you and Bianca by a year."

He winks at me. My mouth drops open and I steal a glance at Michael and feel sick to my stomach. I honestly don't understand why I feel so revolted by the sight of him and I suppose it's because I kind of sorta thought he had a thing for me, but I just got sucked into one of his games possibly and now I'm a little hurt. He's not looking at me, but straight past me actually.

Asshole.

I take in a careful breath. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Devante? What did Bianca do to you to make you make her so miserable?" I ask coldly and watch his face drop. His hazel eyes narrow and he shoves his hands in his pockets then shrugs.