Chapter 24

Michael

Two Weeks Later...

"Michael, what do you want to eat? I'm not going to ask you again!" Aaliyah snaps from the entrance of my room door and I look up, then scowl with pure annoyance.

She's always goddamn here helping me and shit like I'm fucking handicapped.

She walks into the room and she looks really good. Well, always. Her eyes are narrowed, darkening by the silent seconds. Suddenly, she reaches out and slaps me across the face. I look at her with a bewildered expression and hold my cheek.

"Aaliyah, what the fuck?" I hiss and she pokes at my chest hard, causing me to flinch and shoot a bearable pain to my healing wounds.

"You need to respect me being here. I could be at home or out... with another guy." Her face sets in a smirk and I feel mine growing hot.

"Aaliyah, seriously..." I warn but she shrugs.

"Don't like that thought? Then tell me what your stubborn ass want to eat. Now." She snaps at me and I clench my jaw hard to the point where it's actually starting to ache. She raised an eyebrow at me and I scowl.

"I want K. F. C." I scowl and she smiles sweetly.

"See, that wasn't so hard. Want the usual, babe?" She asks and I grunt in approval, then she walks over to me and does something that makes me really happy.

She climbs on my bed and sits gently on my lap, straddling me.

I don't know why, but it just shifts my mood entirely and I think it's because her and everyone else are always so careful with me and it's annoying and makes me feel like a cripple. I rest my hands on the small of her back and she looks down at me with a small smile.

"Am I hurting you?" She asks softly and I shake my head in rapid movements.

"No. I'm fine, thank you." I quickly reply then smile as she leans down and kisses my forehead.

"You miss being a big strong man, don't you Michael?" She asks and I nod quickly.

"I fucking hate this. It was all nice the first week, but now it's getting old and tiring. I'm really sick of it." I say truthfully and she listens while nodding her head slowly.

"Well I love you and even though you're laying here like a lump on a log, it doesn't change how I feel about you, Michael. You should be happy that me, your family and friends are worried about your well being and just want to do everything in our power that will ensure us that you'll be perfect and on your feet again. I don't do it to smack down your pride, none of us do it for that. We do it cause we love you, Michael." She says softly with her hands raking through my curls. I roll my eyes.

"I know that, it's just different when it comes to you. We ended off so horribly, then this shit happened. I want to be holding you, loving you, taking you out and showing you how much I missed you, but I can't. I'm sorry, Aaliyah." I apologize and she just laughs. Her eyes are bright.

"It's fine Michael and besides, you have a lot to redo, so it's good that we've just been sitting around and talking, don't you think? What do you think we'd be doing if you weren't like this?" She raises a brow and I laugh dryly.

"Nothing that I dream of doing that's for damn sure, but still." I shrug and she giggles then lays her head on my chest. She suddenly yawns loudly and I kiss her forehead as she's now laying on my shoulder.

"Tired?" I ask with concern and she nods.

"I've been busy with graduation. It's next month and then Bianca is close to her due date and everything is just tiring, that's all." She whispers and I don't say anything else as I know she's close to falling asleep. Soon enough, her soft snores fill the room and when I shift, she doesn't even flinch. I smile happily and look over to my door as Latoya's voice calls out loudly.