PART-I Delusions

Eternal winter and moonless nights. Shadowy happiness and fake smiles. In this world there is no one but us. We live alone for a short while only to die without actually understanding what was the motive of living. Birth is white, death black and life shades of grey. All men live a gloomy, meaningless life only to return to the dark abyss. I have seen what darkness feels like and one can never feel solace in it. The more it sinks you into its intoxicating dreams, the more you will feel the pain you gain from it. Darkness is meant not to be tread for a long time and neither the light, for it will lose its meaning in life.

The sky was overcast, it was truly a terrible December month with cold rain falling on the once dry ground. I hate rain. I hate the dampness it brings with it everywhere, the moisture present in the atmosphere. The uncomfortable feeling it leaves and the grey sky that kisses the wet ground. But the more I hate it the more terribly it seems to fall from the sky. Thinking like that I have stopped complaining about the rain even though I am standing in the middle of it. A grey umbrella, a greyscale sky, a grey life and a grey crossroad leading me nowhere. Everything is grey with the undertone of black. Looking at the road no matter what path you will choose the consequences would be the same as if the whole story was already written way before it actually took place. Every character, their pain and sorrow, their smiles and their secrets, everything was already set. Which side should I take when I know what is in store for me?

All of humanity is like this. They know what their future would be like yet they are determined to change it. Isn't it truly pitiful? To fail again and again knowing fully well that what is there cannot be changed. Repeatedly doing the fool's errand. We try again and again entangling our lives with more fools like us. How many people are caught in this web of life? How many people are eaten by their circumstances? Yet the humanity in them would try again even to fail again because this is the only difference between a monster and a human. What makes them human is their determinations and what makes them a monster is the lack of it.

As for me which side of the road I took matters the least when they would both lead me to the same destination...death that is.