10

No matter what happened since I had already bought the materials, I decided to take them school on Monday morning.

'Aziel what happened to you?' Marcellus asked in shock. I had many bruises marring throughout my white skin My cheeks were red and there were many scratch marks on them. My wrist where new cuts were made was bandaged and was hidden beneath the oversized watch. My lips were a swollen and chapped with blood oozing from them. I had the habit of pulling the thin skin on my lips when I felt anxious and nervous, they were self-inflicted however the boys in my class started looking them. Whispering and speaking in hushed vices. Everyone in the school knew about the bullying that happened in the neighbouring school. Even police were called for that incident but no one was punished for any crime. This all-boys academy was prestigious and newly made, bullying here was strictly forbidden and a punishable offence, thus people here either kept their distance from me or completely denied me existence for the sake of their bright future. I was also comfortable in such an environment where only Marcellus approached me. Melting my cold demeanour with his warmth. I was really possessive of my time with him.

'I got hurt. That is all' I said while being completely aware of the eyes of many students on me.

'Really?' A naïve Marcellus asked.

Am I hallucinating ears and tails?

Marcellus looked like a hurt pup, unhappy that his owner got hurt. His eyes felt glassy as if he would cry any second and the usual happy aura felt sad. I could not help but feel happy at his concern.

'Wait a minute I have something that might help.' He said while rummaging through his school bag.

He took out a band aid. It was cute with brown dogs made on it.

'It is so childish! I do not want to apply it 'I squirmed about as he held my arms in order to put Band aid on my cheeks. I wanted to deny existence of the undeniably cute band aid

*Huff* Marcellus pouted. His face inflated like a rubber balloon. If it was a co-ed, I was sure girls would swim about calling this gesture cute. Falling in love with his cuteness.

'What would happen if the wounds will get infected?' An angry Marcellus asked me who was barely holding his laughter.

*So cute. *

Even though Marcellus was more than a foot taller, his built stronger and better than thin and malnourished me. He could still look so cute! Aunties would love to pet such a cute child!

'Ok. Ok it is not like I do not like it. I respect your taste'

'Fine. I have more too. There is one with black dog, a brown teddy and cute white cat. Tell me which one would you prefer?'

'Eh? No more! Just this one is fine' I did not want to look like a laughing stock with so many characters band aids on my skin.

'Sure, so dog one its is' Marcellus smiled joyfully flashing his pearly white teeth.

Really, he was the only reason that I was looking forward to going to school every day. Even my sour mood lifted on seeing him.