Chapter 1: Hello, Neighbor

Falling, Falling. Fell.

Both Addison and Meredith moved away from Seattle, albeit temporarily, looking for a change. However, they were each surprised as they discovered they were actually neighbors down in sunny LA. A Meddison fic. (Some mentions from Private Practice 1x1 and Grey's Anatomy 2x2)

Chapter 1: Hello, neighbor

Change is necessary to grow. Nothing will change, if nothing changes. Which was why she was here now or at least until she figured out who she was and could be. Down in sunny LA. In a gorgeous beach house away from the rain and gloom of Seattle. It was a beautiful house and her backyard was the ocean. It reminded her of her house back in the Hamptons but this one was better. Here there were no reminders, no memories of what her life had been. Here, everything was a fresh start. She was making a change and she was hoping with everything that it was a change for the better.

———————————————————————

Addison got out of the shower wrapping a towel around herself. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. This was it. A new beginning. She was happy and excited. A new life about to begin, away from Derek, and Mark, and Alex, and Meredith Grey's sweet baby blue eyes.

Feeling a sudden rush she began to dance to some old tune playing on her head. She moved every which way. Making her way from the bathroom to her room dancing about. She smiled and laughed as she moved and in a spur of the moment she undid her towel. 'Maybe I'll dance naked.' she had told Richard before leaving. She started slinging the towel around above her head as she spun her way about in front of her open window.

As she looked out she was met by those very familiar baby blue eyes. Meredith Grey, stood in front of her own window, one house over staring at her up and down, mouth open wide in shock. Addison looked at her confused before remembering she was completely naked, she wore nothing but her own skin, fully exposed for the blonde to behold. Immediately, she dropped down to the ground much like Meredith had done on the opposite side.

"Meredith Grey." Addison whispered to herself as if anyone could hear her. "No way." She shook her head as she crouched on the floor.

She decided to make sure, the idea of Meredith Grey being next door just seemed completely absurd. Slowly she peeked her head again at the same time Meredith did the same, poking her blonde head out of the window, frowning in equal confusion. Both of them seemed to forget Addison was naked as they stood up once more. Meredith flushed and turned quickly as Addison stared after her for a while until the gentle breeze from the fan reminded her of her current state.

Quickly, she grabbed her towel, wrapping it around herself. She looked out the window again to an overly amused Meredith Grey, who quickly hid her grin as Addison faced her. Addison sighed heavily and motioned Meredith to the balcony. Meredith nodded, making her way outside.

"Tell me you'll forget that." Addison shouted over the sound of the ocean waves.

"Sure." Meredith shouted back.

"Talk better out there." Addison shouted again, pointing to the deck and Meredith nodded once more.

They both headed inside of their respective rooms and this time Addison had the awareness to close her blinds, throwing Meredith a grin, which the blonde returned. She was about to walk out of the room when she looked down and stopped.

"Addison, you need to wear something other than a towel." She said to herself looking for underwear and a robe.

———————————————————————