Chapter 3: Notes

Chapter 3: Notes

"You can come in if you want?" Addison said as they rounded the corner onto their street. She had done great. They had done great and they deserved to celebrate.

"Sure, I'd love to." Meredith grinned.

Addison smiled back until she looked at the second car in her driveway. Meredith turned to look at it as well.

"You expecting someone?" Meredith asked.

"I wasn't." Addison frowned.

"Addison, stop frowning like that. It looks like Dr. Bennett and a teenager?" Meredith chuckled.

Addison parked and made her way out grabbing the food from the backseat. Meredith followed suit and walked around the car to stand next to her. Naomi walked over to them with the teenage girl following behind, carrying a large box of pizza.

***

"Maya!" Addison smiled at the girl who smiled right back.

"Addison! I'm so happy you're back. You remember about the 'you know'?" Maya lowered her voice a bit and she chuckled recalling their last conversation before she went to Seattle about the boy she was crushing on.

"Any big news?" Addison asked and Maya nodded excitedly.

"Also we brought pizza from the place you like." Maya said lifting the box a bit with a smile that fell as she noticed the bag of take-out. "Unless you have food already." She added in a sad tone.

"Oh Maya, I..." Addison began, feeling guilty.

"Addison, thanks. I can carry my own food, you know?" Meredith took the bag of food, swooping in as her savior.

"That's yours? All of it?" Naomi asked clearly not catching on.

"Yes. All of it, Dr. Bennett." Meredith's cheery tone went away suddenly but it returned once she looked back at Maya. "She thinks just because she was my boss in Seattle she still needs to take care of me." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"I was just being polite." Addison groaned playing along.

"That Thai place is good too. Right mom?" Maya said with a smile and Naomi nodded. "I'm Maya." She said happily.

"I'm Meredith. It's so very nice to meet you Maya." Meredith grinned.

"You do have a lot of food. But you could eat some pizza as well and maybe leave that for tomorrow." Maya offered.

"It's very tempting but maybe another time. I need to call a friend, who's been blowing up my phone for the past hour." Meredith said with a slight chuckle.

"Cristina?" Addison guessed.

"Cristina." Meredith sighed.

"I can save a slice?" Maya said.

"Yeah. You go ahead and save me a slice and tomorrow Addison can give it to me." Meredith smiled.

"I can do that." Addison chirped and Meredith looked at her with her smile.

"You have pretty eyes." Maya said, tilting her head with a smile.

"Right?" Addison agreed and smirked as the statement sent a blush crawling up Meredith's features. The blonde gave her a playful glare and then turned back to Maya.

"You have a beautiful smile. Don't ever let it fade." Meredith smiled sweetly and Addison felt a thump in her chest at that. "Anyway, you should all go enjoy your pizza." She grinned.

"Right. Maya there's something for you in the living room. Why don't you go in?" Addison smiled at the teen. "Nae, here, take the keys I need to talk to Meredith. I'll be in soon." She said handing the keys to Naomi, who looked a bit confused but took them and left anyway.