Chapter 7: Friends... Right

Shedding her coat and slipping off her shoes Addison joined the mumbling blonde on the couch. She really didn't know what she was doing here. Well she did but still. The jealousy, which had driven her into that stupid date was still burning in her chest but she was doing great at ignoring it. Ignoring the jealousy and the fuzzy feeling she got when the blonde laid some of the blanket she was using on her legs.

"Here." Meredith muttered and brought over the pizza box.

"Thanks."

Quietly she began to eat while the blonde beside her continued to fidget around throwing glances her way. She could tell Meredith wanted to say something but was holding back. She could also tell watching this movie hadn't been the greatest idea for the blonde based on her reactions and the way she continued to slowly shift closer.

"So uh... can I stay over?" Addison finally asked when Meredith opened and closed her mouth to talk for the umpteenth time.

"Wha—" Meredith began and yelped, her forehead meeting Addison's shoulder when someone yelled in the tv.

Addison chuckled and lightly brushed the blonde's cheek with her knuckles. "I think you might need it." She teased and grinned until she felt her heart somersault when soft baby blue eyes peered up at her as the blonde clung to her arm.

"I uh n-no I don't..." Meredith tried to cover, a blush appearing on her cheeks.

"No?" Addison chuckled. "Then maybe I should just," she began to stand but the blonde wrapped her arms around her own essentially melding onto her.

"Y-you can stay if you want to." Meredith said quickly.

"It doesn't seem like I have any choice in the matter."

She chuckled while the blonde frowned up at her. Judging by the look on her face, Meredith was having some internal battle. As if she wanted her close but didn't and she was angry with herself about it. Addison settled back and the blonde loosened her hold. Still that internal battle raging on apparently.

"Mer—"

"Didn't you have a hot date?" Meredith asked with a slight frown.

"Didn't you?" Addison bit back and the look of confusion in the blonde's eyes began to confuse her. "He uh... fell asleep." She muttered looking away.

Meredith almost let go of her then which got her attention, "after you two uhh... you know?"

"God no. He is awful." Addison scrunched her nose in disgust and caught the small smile on the blonde's face. She eyed the blonde suspiciously and Meredith quickly pressed her lips together innocently. "Anyway, he spent the whole time talking about himself and how great he is. Was overly snobbish and rude to the waitress. Talking about how we are their betters. It was a nightmare." She finished with a huff.

"Where is he?" Meredith asked holding back a laugh and failing miserably.

"On my couch." Addison pouted.

"Why is he on your couch, Addison?" Meredith frowned.

"He insisted we take one car and then when he brought me home he invited himself for coffee. I was just being nice. One coffee and then out of sight out of mind." Addison explained.

"Well now, didn't being nice come back to bite you in the ass?" Meredith laughed.

"Oh shut up. I'm staying here unless your babe or whatever has a problem." Addison shrugged and looked away.

"What babe?" Meredith asked, taken aback.

"That... that girl in the hospital. What was her name? Sabine?" Addison said, scratching the back of her neck.