Chapter 5: Chivalrous

'You and that girl spend too much time together, don't you think?' Naomi had said walking into her office.

'What girl?' She asked, looking up from the chart she was updating.

'That Meredith girl.' Naomi rolled her eyes.

'Jealous much, Nae?' She chuckled. 'I've barely seen her. Besides, I don't see any issues with being friends.'

'Whatever, just be careful Addie.' Naomi warned.

'Careful with what?' She frowned.

'Never mind. Anyway, so that guy I told you about, Rick...' Naomi began with a slight smirk.

'Yeah, what about him?' She asked, going back to her chart.

'Why not a blind date?'

***

Why would I go on a blind date? Addison asked herself as she recalled the conversation with Naomi. Her friend seemed so insistent on her getting out there but she wasn't feeling that way. She was perfectly fine sitting at home, relaxing and enjoying her solitude with the occasional interruptions of her neighbor, as they played their never-ending game.

"Addison? Addison!"

"Huh? What?" Addison snapped from the cloud she was on to look at the blonde frowning in front of her.

"Where did you go?" Meredith asked.

"What do you mean? I'm right here." Addison smirked and Meredith rolled her eyes while chuckling.

"Well, while you were out there in la la land I got you the chart and the images. We can go into one of the exam rooms so you can take a look." The blonde offered motioning to one of the open rooms close to them.

"Let's take a look, shall we?" Addison smiled and made her way in.

They went in and Meredith took her time explaining everything in detail for Addison. The redhead listened while examining the images. She already had an idea as to what she'd have to do. It would be a complicated procedure since she'd have to maneuver between the arteries. But she knew she could do it with ease, after all she was the Addison Forbes Montgomery. Once done Meredith looked at her expectantly which made her chuckle.

"So?" The blonde asked.

"So?" Addison teased.

"Can you... wait I know you can but will you do it?" Meredith asked with a nervous smile.

Addison chuckled and shook her head. Did Meredith really think she'd say no?

"Addison?" Meredith called when she stayed quiet.

"I guess it's a good thing I brought my scrub cap." She grinned.

"You'll do it then?" Meredith beamed.

"What do you think, Grey?" She gave her bored look.

"Awesome. Now, I just need to tell Dr. King." Meredith said with a slight shudder.

"You afraid of the petite southern blonde?" Addison giggled.

"You bet your ass I am." Meredith crossed her arms.

"I see. " Addison chuckled.

"Grey!" Someone shouted as they stepped out of the exam room.

"Dammit." Meredith muttered next to her.

"Where's my patient's chart?" An older looking man with a seemingly cemented scowl made his way towards them.

"I have it, Dr. Phillips." Meredith said, holding up the chart.