Chapter 1: An Unexpecded Surprise

A/N: I didn't read Winter yet, so there might be some slight inaccuracies. Sorry in advance.

Cress sighed as she tried to comb through her unruly, tangled mess of hair. Iko had begged her to cut it, so she would at least look presentable, but Thorne was away in military training, and Cress didn't want anyone else to cut it for her. She still remembered when she first met Thorne. Whenever she saw him, she still felt like the lovestruck teenager she had once been.

Of course, they both loved each other very much, but Cress hadn't fallen in love with the boy she had researched about her entire life. She fell in love with a boy who protected her at all costs, who cared for her and only her, and didn't make her change herself. 

It had been two years, and yet their relationship had gone through many obstacles, the latest one being Thorne choosing to complete his military training and leaving her for months at a time, but as they had survived many fights and trials, they would endure this.

Cress had grown a lot during this time. All of the Rampion crew had changed, and adapted to their new life. They were thriving. Now, Cress had learned lots of new skills, and no longer needed to depend on others for her survival. She was strong now.

Just as she finished getting dressed, she heard a loud knock on the door. As she opened it, she found the biggest surprise she had in ages waiting for her. Thorne was waiting at the door. He was still as handsome as ever, and a little out of breath, although Cress hardly cared for his looks. Without thinking, she ran to him and threw herself into his arms. He hugged her tightly, before picking herself up in the air and spinning her. As Cress laughed joyfully, he spun her faster and faster until he tripped, and they both fell to the floor, dazed and giggling.

"I missed you, Captain," Cress whispers.

"Me too, Princess," Thorne replies, "are you free tonight? I wanted to go somewhere special."

"No, but I'll make time," answers Cress, "where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, but you'll love it. Just be ready in two hours. Be prepared to sleep on the ship tonight." says Thorne.