Chapter 5: A Marrige

As we arrived to our home in the Commonwealth, we commed our friends to tell them the good news. Cinder and Kai were both in Luna, along with Winter and Jacin, but they were coming to visit in two days. Iko rushed over as soon as she heard the news. Scarlet and Wolf decided to visit us tomorrow, as they needed a whole day to travel from the European Federation.

The moment Iko came, we all started excitedly discussing plans for our wedding, before deciding that it would be better to wait for everyone else, so while Iko watched her new favorite net drama, I took Thorne to the kitchen to teach him how to cook.

After a few days, everyone was gathered at our house, which was suddenly so full, Kai suggested we go to his palace instead. It had been half a year ever since we were all gathered like this, since Kai and Cinder always switched between Earth and Luna in a desperate attempt to rule both, and Wolf was too worried about Scarlet's pregnancy, although we assured him that everything was going great.

We all made plans for the wedding, which we decided would be after two weeks, because me and Thorne simply couldn't wait any longer. Cinder offered us to have the wedding on Artemisia, and after much discussion, Thorne persuaded me to agree to Cinder's generous offer.

"It isn't the same as when you were a child," he said, "and I could use the luxury."

Maybe he was right. Maybe I should put all this behind me. I was ready to try something new, and make a better life for myself and Thorne. So I agreed happily, finally content.

The next day, we boarded the Rampion to go to Luna for our final preperations.

"Maybe you should let Scarlet pilot the Rampion this time," I asked Thorne teasingly.

"Whatever makes you happy, Cress," replied Thorne.

"I don't remember the Rampion looking this good, and having this less problems," said Cinder, "you've certinaly been busy."

"Well, we had a lot of time on our hands when we were marooned on a desert island," I replied.

"You were what?" said Cinder, clearly shocked.

"We'll tell you later."

It was the day of the wedding, although the actual celebration would only start once the sun set, and the Earth rose. The Rampion Crew sat in a small table in Cinder's palace, and Kai said, "OK, Cress and Thorne, we all have gifts for you."

"I'm first!" said Iko, pulling out two big bags, "these are your wedding costumes. They are the latest fashion, and you should be very happy!"

Kai was next. "Thorne, I pulled some strings, and now you are officially a captain. And Cress, I managed to get you unlimited wifi acess for the rest of your life. Cinder's gift is letting you have your wedding in Luna."

Jacin and Winter were next. Jacin handed Thorne a box that had a huge mirror in it, and Winter gave him a big box of hair products. Winter gave us both the patchwork quilt with pictures of the Earth, that her mother Solstice had given to her so long ago, and a diamond necklace for me.

Finally, it was Scarlet and Wolf's turn. Scarlet gave me a gun and an offer to Thorne for free piloting lessons. Wolf gave me a few coupons for fighting lessons and Thorne a crate fo soap for sensitive skin. 

We thanked everyone, and went to the room for the ceremony. I gasped as I entered. The biggest room in the palace was now unrecognizable. Decorations were everywhere, mostly with tulips, which Thorne had somehow found out were my absolute favorite flower. It was beautiful, and I loved it.

Iko helped me wear my wedding gown, which was quite simple, but lovely all the same. It was white, and made of silk and lace, with delicate patterns of flowers. It fell down to my legs, in a flowing way that reminded me of a waterfall. It was sleeveless with a high neckline. Iko somehow combed my hair, which now was hip length, and gently curled it so it flowed gracefully behind me as I walked. With Winter's diamond necklace, I looked enchanting.

And suddenly, it was time to say the wedding vows. Nervously, I walked up to the stage, smiling at Thorne. "From this day forward, you will be my sun at dawn and my starts at night, and I vow to love and cherish you, Captain Carswell Thorne, for all of our days," I said and looked at him as he repeated the vows and kissed me.

We spent the night dancing under the stars in the courtyard. As the sky started to get lighter, me and Thorne quietly snuck out to watch the dawn. Once the sun rose, I kissed him sleepily before I fell asleep on his shoulder. I had loved him before I even met him, but looking back, I think that that's when I knew how much our love actually meant.

                                                                               The End