⚜ Chapter 2 ⚜

Please do note that the characters enclosed in "bold italics" are mind link conversations. Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE VAMPIRE COUNCIL
=====================

The Xiao Family along with the Jiang Family settled around the conference table. Zhu Zanjin, Meng Ziyi, Imperial Doctor Liu TingYu and her assistant Xuan Lu joined them.

"Are we in any kind of crisis?" The Vampire King, Xiao Huo enquired.

Jiang Cheng, the military subordinate, cleared his throat, "My lord, we are fully enforced. And recently a few Vampires have desired to join our Society."

"Zanjin, search for their Clan history before admitting them into our Vampire Society." Xiao Huo ordered.

Zhu Zhanjin nodded his head politely. A few seconds later he spoke, "I've something to report, My Lord. We're having some trouble in the Western part of the city."

The Vampire King raised his eyebrows in anticipation. Xuan Lu caught his attention and voiced out, "That's true, My Lord. Two of the families are reported with peculiar disorders."

"Why do you find it strange?" Xiao Lin, The Matriarch grew impatient. The Dark Knight Vampire Society had always been peaceful and harmonious. The sudden distress aroused a sense of vigilance.

"The members of the family have developed extreme violence and excessive blood drinking. The case was reported yesterday and now they're under our custody."

Xiao FeiYu tapped the tables with his fingers and said, "They are suffering from Porphyria."

The Council members looked at the youngest member with curiosity

The Council members looked at the youngest member with curiosity. But the guy swept a glance at his older brother who nodded his head in acknowledgement.

 "From Xuan Lu's report, we can possibly confirm that the families are suffering from Porphyria

"From Xuan Lu's report, we can possibly confirm that the families are suffering from Porphyria." Xiao Zhan voiced out. "It's a rare disease in Vampires. Fewer than 5 cases in the last two centuries."

Everyone listened to the Vampire Prince intensely.

"I believe the families are showing aversion to sunlight."

"Yes, Prince Zhan." Xuan Lu replied.

"The sudden outbreak is a matter of concern. Dr. Liu and Xuan Lu, please run a few tests on them and keep them safe till their recovery."

"Moreover, Zanjin, the Western areas must be under your surveillance." Xiao FeiYu commanded.

The council continued to discuss the affair for the rest of the conference.