⚜️ Chapter 9 ⚜️

A/N: We decided to make this chapter lengthy as a compensation for our absence. So plz do read it carefully or you may find it hard to connect with the scenes.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MANDARIN ORIENTAL, PARIS.
===========================
The golden rays of the sun gave a bright colour across the vast sky. There can be nothing more warmer to the senses than the sunshine in the cold depths of winter morning. Xiao FeiYu snuggled back into his duvet after turning the alarm off. He turned around and saw Wang YunXi sleeping peacefully beside him. The man looked unbothered by the external world and Xiao FeiYu took a closer glance at his face. The unblemished skin and the hair chiselling his face made him look much youthful. Yet his reserved and poised manners contributed to his mature personality.

No matter how perfect he is, I can't help but restrain myself from him. I don't need him in my life.

"Hope you won't regret having a mate like me." Xiao FeiYu whispered, poking on the elder man's nose out of curiosity.

Wang YunXi stirred in his sleep and gradually woke up to find Xiao FeiYu sitting awake, "Good morning."

"Mornin'. Let's meet the other two at the dining space."

Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan patiently waited for the duo to join them for breakfast. He smiled at their arrival and the elders greeted each other warmly while Wang Yibo and Xiao FeiYu exchanged long stares.

"We shall leave around noon for the city tour." Xiao Zhan said, sipping his coffee.

"Dad has booked a private jet for our return tomorrow." Wang YunXi replied, placing the fork on the table.

The three men nodded their heads and ate comfortably, entertained by the luxurious light-filled space with beautiful stonework, chic furnishings and intricate detailing. As they got up to return to their respective suites, Wang YunXi reminded them, "Make sure to dress warm."

The group left the hotel to check out the city and took a cab to the 7th arrondissement of Paris. They gasped in amazement, catching the sight of the metallic work before them. Its height and unique silhouette floating above the Paris landscape made the Eiffel Tower one of the most popular attractions in Paris.

"This is simply spectacular." Wang Yibo commented, looking up at the huge tower.

"Yeah. How can anyone build such an artistic and poetically beautiful structure with such unpoetic material like steel?" Xiao FeiYu remarked, watching the shape and dimensions of the base and the curvature of the tower above.

Xiao Zhan and Wang YunXi chuckled at their brothers' reaction and walked closely behind them.

"We've made a reservation at the Jules Verne restaurant. It's on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower."

"Then, let's get to the reception." Xiao Zhan announced.

"It's on the southern pillar of the tower." Wang Yibo said, looking at the sign board.

Upon arriving at the reception desk, they were greeted by an elegant lady in formal attire, "Good afternoon, gentlemen. Please step inside the elevator carefully."

The private elevator escorted them 125 metres above the ground to the one-michelin-starred restaurant. It further opened onto three successive rooms offering a breathtaking view over the city.

 It further opened onto three successive rooms offering a breathtaking view over the city

"Here's the menu card, gentlemen." The waiter spoke politely and filled their glasses with water.

"How about we try the 6-course meal?" Wang Yibo suggested, reading through the menus.

"Yep. Let's try them out." Wang YunXi closed the menu card and ordered the food. The dishes revealed the best in each ingredient while emphasizing aromas and flavours.

"It's indeed a legendary spot for exceptional cuisine." Xiao Zhan said with a satisfied smile, wiping his mouth with the napkin.

"Well, it's quite an expensive affair though. We just ate some fish, crab, veggies and ice cream and it's already €1360." Xiao FeiYu exclaimed with an uninterested face.

"We're moving on to the first floor." Wang Yibo said, stepping inside the elevator.

The Wang brothers smiled widely at the vast expanse of ice, shining vibrantly. The colour on the ice changed depending on the lights projected above the rink.

"Ice skating?" Xiao FeiYu looked at his brother anxiously.

"Hey, why are you both rooted there? Come and wear the skates." Wang Yibo called out from behind.

".... Actually, me and FeiYu suck at ice skating." Xiao Zhan rubbed the nape of his neck in embarrassment.

"Oh, that's not a big deal. We shall help." Wang YunXi declared with a faint smile.

Xiao FeiYu put on the skates and struggled to keep himself stable and clinged to the walls of the rink. Wang Yibo smirked mischievously, gliding up to him and pushed him from behind. Xiao FeiYu plunged forward, landing on the ice and heard unrestrained chuckles from behind.

"Forgive me, bro-in-law. My hands went untamed."

"You dirty blonde wolf!!" Xiao FeiYu sat upright and tried to get up only to land miserably on the ground, "Damn it."

"This is such a lovely sight." Wang Yibo continued to laugh, watching the younger man struggling with the skates.

"If you don't shut up, then I'm gonna beat your ass down!" Xiao FeiYu warned.

Wang Yibo shot him a death glare, "You wouldn't dare!"

"TRY ME IF YOU KEEP ON BUGGING ME LIKE THAT!"

Wang Yibo scowled at the roaring Vampire, "I'm leaving. Good luck with crawling on ice."

"Bastard."

As he cursed under his breath, Xiao FeiYu heard the sound of another pair of ice skates halting in front of him. He raised his head and found his mate looking at him with a kind face. Wang YunXi offered his hand and Xiao FeiYu held onto it, pulling himself up.

"Don't mind him. Just follow my lead."

Xiao FeiYu nodded his head while clutching onto the older Werewolf's arms.

"Firstly, you got to march. So basically, just lift up your knees and walk on the ice. Then gradually you'll glide your feet's little by little." Wang YunXi slowly demonstrated, "Can you follow it?"

Xiao FeiYu nodded his head and tried to replicate the Alpha's instructions. Meanwhile, Wang Yibo carefully guided Xiao Zhan who was scuffling with the skates.

"Okay, I'm letting you go now."

"Wait! Not so fast! Owwh!" Xiao Zhan fumbled at the sudden retrieval of Wang Yibo yet he managed to stand on his own.

"How's that?" Xiao Zhan laughed nervously, "I guess I'm- Woah!!"

Wang Yibo watched Xiao Zhan stumbling forward and immediately caught his arms, "Gotcha."

"Thanks..." Xiao Zhan calmed himself and smiled earnestly causing Wang Yibo to return his smile.

Wang YunXi provided the aid and Xiao FeiYu followed the instructions of the elder man for almost an hour. After a series of ups and downs, Xiao FeiYu finally managed to let go of his hand and skate on his own.

"Yes! I did it!!"

Wang YunXi watched his mate with genuine happiness on his face. The young man was now gliding across the icy surface smoothly and now happily moved towards him. The usual sour face of the Vampire was replaced by a childish and carefree glee. Wang YunXi was in fact amused to see his innocent side.

Such a rare sight of innocence.

The Alpha continued to smile until he saw Xiao FeiYu picking up speed and shouted, "I can't stop myself!?!"

"Huh?....Shit!! Hey hold on!!"

"Look out, YunXi!!"

"ARGH!!"

Xiao FeiYu crashed into his mate causing them to collapse on the floor pathetically, "Ouch! I'm so sorry."

Xioa FeiYu looked at his mate encaged below him and tried getting up. Yet his legs gave up once again and he landed on top of the Alpha. Wang YunXi, who was not at all expecting the second fall, froze when he felt something soft bummed against his lips. His pupils dilated in shock at the sudden realisation. Xiao FeiYu was stunned as their lips were pressed together for a fraction of second and immediately turned his face to the side.

Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan gasped, watching the scene with astonishment. They rushed to the two men and helped them up.

"Yuck!" Xiao FeiYu instantly wiped his lips in disgust, getting rid of the lingering trace of their accidental kiss.

Wang YunXi saw the act of the younger man and lowered his head. The simple act was an insult to his pride. And it somehow managed to prick a corner of his heart.

"Gege, are you alright?" Wang Yibo asked with concern.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Wang YunXi smiled wryly in response. Xiao Zhan sensed the Alpha's disquiet and clenched his fist. He could easily perceive that Wang YunXi was upset with his brother.

"Xi Ge, I-" before Wang Yibo could speak further, Xiao Zhan interrupted, "Let's call it a day, guys. Moreover, I'm having trouble with the cold."