Chapter Six: His Eyes

Dark eyes mirror hers, a mild surprise flickering through them.

Lucifer.

Wait.

Lucifer?

*-*-*-*

The clock strikes four, hollowly echoing like his words in her head.

"Move."

With a deep undertone, Lucifers raspy voice cracks through the solid silence of her room.

For a few seconds, (Y/n) had felt like her privacy, vulnerability and stability were intact, but the moment she saw those steely eyes, everything fell to pieces: The composure she'd worked to gain, the relief of writing in her diary, the truth she was finally able to relay.

Keeping her ground, she blankly stares at his chest.

When he told her to stay away from him, to keep her distance... why does he keep coming back?

At the beginning, he disappeared without a trace, and now, within the space of a few hours, he's been spending his "precious" time alongside her.

Doesn't he have better things to do, people who are worthy of his leisure?

Because she clearly isn't and never was.

From the moment those coal black eyes locked onto hers, she saw the pitiful glower, the spiteful gaze, and the almost patronistic glare. She saw the darkness firsthand, witnessed the evil, and learnt to fear the power he truly held.

"Keep that mouth of yours shut."

A gentleman during day and night, with dark eyes and a darker past.

While most people struggle to tame their emotions, he has complete and utter control over his instincts, his sadness, his happiness.

Whatever he went through had left his sanity in ruins, replacing it with a twisted morality.

Yesterday with Beel, she'd witnissed the immeasurable stance he holds in demon society, the respect that glints in demons eyes when he acknowledges them. It wasn't all talk, his appearance weighed less in comparison to his sheer willpower. Lucifer's headstrong, stubborn and unrelenting...

And most of all...

A mystery.

Secretive and near-to emotionless.

Since she doesn't know the problem, she can't find an answer.

So he'll remain that stoic, overbearing personality, etched into her memory eternally. If there's layers to his personality, he's made it clear they aren't to be uncovered.

Eyes adjusting to the bright light of the hallway, she sees a stack of paperwork in his gloved hands. Their soulmate tie stands out with its brightness, visible despite the darkness of her room. There's a neat pile of envelopes, the first one addressed in big, swirly handwriting....

The name on it...

Regarding (Y/n) (L/n).

Before she can read on, the papers shuffle in Lucifer's grasp.

When she looks up, his eyes narrow down at her, warning her gaze away from his business. Does she want to die? Yeah, duh. But does she want to die like this? Hell no. That's why she looks away, choosing to stare at his shoes.