Fluff

—This is the most fluff I've ever written. The first chapter is just cute family fluff, setting the stage and all. The second chapter will be just smut, that way you don't have to read about sex if you don't want.

Oh, I know omegaverse is different in everyone's writing, so I want just to clarify two things.

Pups- a gender-neutral term for child. Ranging anywhere from a newborn to 13 years old.

Sire- a gender-neutral term for the "Fathering" parent, usually the alpha parent. The parent that didn't give birth—

Luz sat with their pup in her lap, on the large couch. The very same one from the Owl House. It had taken a lot of whining from Luz to get Eda to let her and Amity take the old couch when they had first moved into their own home. Eda ultimately gave in, with a bit of a push from her mate, Camila, stating that the couch would be a housewarming/mating present for the young couple.

Once Amity and Luz had both graduated from Hexside, they bonded, having been dating for several years up until that point. Soon after they had mated, Amity started looking for homes for just the two of them.

Not that Amity didn't enjoy living in the Owl House with Luz. It was just that it was getting quite crowded. Now that Luz's mother was bonded with Eda, that bumped the residents of the Owl House to six. Far too many. Amity and Luz needed their own space.

It didn't take long for Amity to find the house she wanted. It was perfect. Not far from the Owl House, and more than big enough for them to grow a family together.

Now, several years later, that couch still sits in their living room. It probably gets a lot more use these days than it ever did before. Luz loved to lounge on it, and Amity found it comfortable enough. But it was their pup who truly loved it. It was her favorite plaything, it got jumped on, climbed on, and even had a few bite marks on the legs and armrests.

Amari was a wild little thing. She had taken mostly after her mother. Her tan skin and dark hair screamed Luz. The only thing seeming to tie Amity to being her sire was her eye color. Even after she was born, she obviously looked more like the omega. Luz still insisted they named her Amari, after Amity. Even though at first, the alpha protested. Luz had ensured her that they would name their next pup after herself.

Amity stood, leaning against the door frame as she watched her mate and pup. Amari was being surprisingly calm, sitting in Luz's lap, watching her mother as she scrolled through her Penstagram.

"Keeen!" A happy squeal came from Amari, gleefully pointing at the scroll.

"Yep. That's King. Very good. Mija." Luz responded gently, running her fingers through her daughter's soft hair.

The alpha watched her omega and pup interact. Titan, Amari was getting so big now. At three years old the halfling was growing faster with each day. Learning new words, how to open doors, figuring out every baby lock they had in the house. Amari was a troublemaker for sure.

Amity not only saw Luz's rambunctious energy, but her own sibling's troublemaking attitude in their daughter as well. Ed and Em were just as bad, if not worse as pups. They got into everything they could.

Thinking about her family gave Amity a weird pain in her chest. She missed her siblings. She hadn't seen Edric in quite some time. He fled the family as soon as he could. Not that she blamed him. Being a male omega was hard enough. But their parents made sure to make his life difficult on purpose.

Of course, Amity got to see Emira more often. Being that her mate, Viney, worked with Luz's mother Camila.

Thinking back to all the fun times she had had with her siblings when they were pups. Back when they were happy and carefree. The alpha looked down at her pup, a soft whine building in her chest. Their pup deserved that happiness too.