An unexpected but necessary call

Noah's P.O.V

Sounds of machines whirring, the smell of cleansing alcohol filled my senses. Sounds of beeping colored my world. I knew where I was. The oh so familiar place, that I spent up to a month at a point because of my breathing problems. But this time, no colorful walls, giant teddy bears, and unicorns painted on the walls. 

Only beige walls that replaced them, reminding me of the depressing place I was in. I tried to move my arms, but found them confined to metal slips. I did the same with my legs, and alas the same story prevailed. I was in the hospital, and had nowhere to go.

I heard my mom stir. I saw her body contorted in an uncomfortable position trying to get comfortable in the hard plastic chairs. Hmmm, with all of the taxpayer dollars we pay, they at least could have spent it on some nicer chairs. I must have mumbled something because she immediately shot up and turned to face me.

Olivia's P.O.V

I was trying to desperately get comfortable in the hospital chairs. I sensed some déjà vu knowing exactly where I was. Back when Noah was first at home with me,a few times started turning blue. I had to rush him to the ER and I sat in these chairs.

"Noah honey, you're awake."

"Yeah I guess I am."

"How are you feeling?"

"Uhh like I got hit by a car. I can't move my legs or my arms. Why am I being held like a prisoner?"

"It's just a safety protocol. You really took a hit, you know that?"

"Yeah, and I didn't succeed, did I?"

"Yeah thank god for that."

"Mom, I don't think you understand. I wanted this, I wanted to die."

"Noah Benson, why would you think that?"

"Because I deserve it. I ruined so many lives, I raped a girl. I failed you, and there isn't any reason to live, okay?"

"Noah first of all, we are investigating and taking a longer look into this case. Second, NEVER think you failed me. I love you so much it hurts. Aunt Amanda, and Sonny love you, and Kat loves you okay? Look around, you're the star of the football team, you have many friends, you're handsome, fit, and so much more. Yes, you may feel like you've failed, but you're a kid, and a kid who lost their way in life."

"Look, I understand that, but you don't really get how to be a teen, okay?"

"Noah, I was a teen once. Okay, maybe I didn't have a phone, or internet. Or Instagram was never invented during my growing up, but I did some pretty stupid things. Stuff I've never told you;"

"Really? So you mean your not Ms. Perfect?"

"Hard to believe that isn't it?"

"I mean kind of. You got all these achievements through sports, you were like the top of your class, I mean it sounds like you never had time to cause trouble."

"Well you would think, but I got into plenty of trouble."

"Prove it than"

"Okay well when I was around your age, Grandma Serena was binge drinking. I got so mad at her that I shipped her off to rehab and left her by the door. Well, what happens is you need to give them ample reason to take the person in. So I thought I was done with her. So I hosted a party filled with drugs, and alcohol. What I didn't realize was that they found no reason as to why she should be in rehab, because she was great at fooling people."

"That's true. She was a master at that..." 

"You gonna let me finish or what?"

"Yeah sorry."

"Anyway, the police escorted her home. The music was super loud, and the house smelt like a pot dealing factory, and I literally had clumps of people in the corner retching their guts out, several people passed out, and so on. So not only was my mother pissed beyond words, but I was arrested that night. And the next day I was kicked off all of the sports teams, my scholarships were terminated, and my future of getting into law school was taken away."

"Damn okay mom."

"So you understand, that I try to do everything I can to get you to stay out of trouble. I am truly sorry that I'm not around as much as I would like to be. I know I'm not exactly someone who sets a good example."

"I know. But your my mom and that's enough."

"You know your still in trouble right?"

"Yeah I know."

"When can I leave?"

"Well lets see, you are on suicide watch for 72 hours, and your supposed to stay in the hospital for also 72 hours. So I think you still have 2 days."

"Okay. I really miss my bed."

"And?"

"I miss your annoying wake ups and horrible cooking."

"Hey mister, I know how to cook okay?"

"Really? I don't think a bowl of cereal constitutes being able to cook."

"Okay, remember that when your sick, and you want lucky charms, and you can't get out of bed and I have to bring them to you."

"Fine I'm sorry. You make a good bowl of cereal."

"That's what I thought."

"But in all seriousness mom, have you ever thought about calling him?"

"Whose him?" I asked playing dumb. Of course I knew who he was referring to. My one and only partner, Elliot Stabler.

"Elliot Stabler."

"I don't know."

"C'mon mom. It's been forever since you've talked to him. I know he left you, and that's shitty to do to someone, but I think it would benefit both of us."

"Okay kid, we can talk about this later. Right now, how about a nap?"

"Okay mom. I love you."

"Love you to Noah"

I slipped quietly out of the hospital room. The more I thought about the conversation we just had about Elliot, made me realize that maybe we do need to talk. It's been long since I've heard his voice, and to be honest I missed him.

I took my phone out of it's case, and I pulled out the piece of paper with his phone number he gave me the first time we became partners. I doubted that it changed. I let it ring, part of me hopping that it was the wrong number, and I wouldn't have to face the man that I both loved and hated so much. 

For Noah. I thought

I let it ring for a few seconds, and I knew this wasn't a dream when I heard a very familiar voice on the other end.

"Hey Liv."

Okay hey everyone! Chapter 12 is up! Hope you enjoy! 

Should I make this into a Bensler fanfic? I kinda didn't want to but I know alot of you are #EO so I try to make everyone happy:) Let me know:)