A New Act To Begin

I fell asleep like it was the first time in forever have I finally rest. It was like the return of my sister, my eldest, compassionate sister have lifted the curse that been stuck in my chest, ultimately relax from the burden on my chest.

I woke up early in the morning, plant my elbow onto my bed and lift half my body to see Alice. She's still asleep, maybe feel the same way I feel right now: relax.

I run my fingers through her hair, lower my eyes to her face. Her thick lips press in an upset frown, thinking she's having a nightmare.

When I caress her cheek, quietly whisper to her, "Don't be scared. I'm here. I'll protect you.", she releases the frown, calming go back to sleep.

I remove my clothes for sleep and grabbed my new clothes to wear and phone before walking out. I didn't tell Zeke where I was last night since I don't need him to overwork himself thinking I'm sending myself to danger. I'll tell him after we talk, which is where I am right now.

It was a long walk to the same street I was, looking around a rural area. Trees around me stand in line while the field next to the road I'm on is filled with wildflowers as bees and hornets dance above them.

Few houses plant themselves around the area, unsure if I'm heading in the right direction. When I turn to another road that leads to more houses, I look hard at the structure of the houses as she didn't give me any info besides it has a Japanese car statue at the yard of the house.

Cicadas hiss loudly around me, while dragonflies roam close to me from the lake close by. I walk another ten minutes before I stare at a house that does have the stature of the cat, but it sure is ugly. With its big cat eyes and the short fat body it has, I know for sure Sapphire picked this place for a reason.

I walk to the steps of the house, remove my shoes at the entrance of the house, and put them at the side of the doorway; a lesson I learn the hard way.

When I walk into the eerie, silent dark hall, I just trust my gut that my sister didn't send me to a group of assassins who are about to kill me, leave my right hand floating above my gun.

When I was about to believe this is the wrong house, hush whispers come to the room next to me, hear multiples voice coming out. I walk back from the paper door with wood outlining it, slide it open to see the three people I call my family.

My sister sits on a velvet pillow underneath her feet, smiles at me when she sees me. My father, who I haven't seen nor talk, settle next to her as he sat on a dark pink one, stares at me with alarm and awe. But the one person who I thought was the one being all of this was my mother, standing at the only solid wall the room has, take a deep blow of the cigar she has.

"Alexander." Sapphire runs to me, feels her arms wrapped around my neck.

I pat her back, nodding. "Hey. Nice to see the whole gang is back together, for the first time."

"Well, not all of us." Pearl huffs, take another whiff of the cigarette she can't stop inhaling in this early morning.

I know who she's talking about, but I didn't fight as Richard, my father, stood up from the pillow below him, keeps his eyes on me.

"Alexander. My...my son."

I remember what Sapphire said last night.

"Dad wanted you as well, you know?"

I pick the meat in my soup, shaking my head. "No. If he did then he should have fought to get me back."

She sighs, nodding her head. "He tried. But the only thing he did that would be the second-best thing he did was he kept you alive."