The Slap That Start It All

Hello! Thank you for stopping by and reading the first chapter of this book! I just want to let you know, this is a different version of the first chapter. If you previously read this chapter, the slap is still there, but the way they meet is different. Besides that, minor changes will be made throughout the book, but overall, everything should be good.

Thank you and enjoy reading this chapter.

"It's a lovely morning to see the talented, brilliant, young surgeon Alexander Pensore be around in the United Kingdom! He had done incredible surgeries all over Western Europe, and the majority of the United States of America. With a passion for teaching young doctors and helping them study aboard, I must say, the future of medicine would not be in harm's way with this young man!"

"I must agree, Liam! We are witnessing an era with advanced medicine and technology to help out the health industry, and the fear of our health is all in the past!"

"Click!"

"Snore!" I lift my head from the table, looking around as the sound of the television turns off. I groaned as I forgot I was at work right now, having the bright light from the window, and the faint sound of animals awake me.

"Maytivoza! How long have you been here? You should go home and rest." Matthew, a colleague and friend I knew from college said. He must be the one who turned off the TV as he held the remote in his hand, placing it back next to the television.

I rub my forehead, shaking my head. "Si, si. I know, Matthew. But Wood had me do something later on. And I had a research paper to finish last night. As well as collecting data from the animal this morning. So going home was not an option." I stood up, stretching my limbs.

Goodness sake, my poor back cracks like an old woman, sending me whimpering in silence. Matthew notices how I'm dying in front of him, shaking his head. "Yeah, I know. He wants us to go out and speak to a lawmaker about laws and acts that need to be done to protect the wild animals here. But still...I think you need to tell him otherwise. You stink."

He pinched his nose, insulting me. I look down at my black loose shirt and dark green pants and see the stains of dirt and poop all over me. "Huh. Did not notice it." I guess I'm so used to the smell of it that I didn't realize how much I smell.

"Haha! Okay! This is not going to work. Either go to the shower and rest before we leave an hour or tell Wood to reconsider this." He smacks his hands, staring at me.

I stare at his brown eyes, wondering why he is stalling. "You scary, aren't you?" I told him, giving me small gasps from my insult to him.

"How dare you! Why would I be scared of a man whose job is to make policy and laws for the past thirty years of his life and me having to talk to him about it is something I'm scared about? You crazy in the head, Maytivoza!" He chuckles to himself, shaking his head.

I just stare at him, waiting for him to come to reality that he is scared. "Alright. I'm going to take a shower. You should be glad I brought a second pair of clothes. If not, your little ass would be scared around a British lawmaker." I grab my backpack and head toward the shower room.

I took advantage of it, cleaning any dirt and poop from my nails and skin. Although I'm not big on communicating as well, I do have a passion for speaking when it comes to making right for animal and their home.