4. SWEET SAVIOUR

Hello...

Enjoy reading!

Wake up, Manik.... We are getting late, Nandini screamed into Manik's ears, but the man seems to love his sleep more than anything. A week had passed since they arrived and all they did was mopping around the house.

Deciding that they had enough of all this, they decided to go out the next day, which is today. But, much to Nandini's irritation, Manik decided to sleep like a horse just today.

Manik, are you going to wake up or should I throw a bucket of ice cold water on your handsome face? I really don't care if you suffer from a cold. She threatened.

Manik sat upright on the bed at the that and looked at her with wide eyes. The look on her face said she wasn't kidding. He hurriedly grabbed his towel and rushed into the bathroom making Nandini laugh.

But, I would have really done it if he didn't wake up, she thought smirking.

Soon, they hit the roads and roamed around Manglore. It was true scenic beauty and Nandini loved every bit of it.

It seems you like you are a nature lover. Manik asked sitting by her side as she continued to watch the waterfall.

To be true, NO, she spoke continuing to look ahead.

Manik turned to her surprised. She had a certain calm and liberation on her face. He was sure she loved to be associated with nature. He thought if given a chance she'd speak about the beautiful and refreshing green patch of land, the drizzle that actually felt like cleansing of Earth, the lustrous clear blue showers of natural fall that they were sitting before and all that her eye and heart could capture.

Nandini continued I love fresh air and lonely places. This serves both the purposes. So, I liked it here.

Sensing that Manik didn't speak a word or ask a question, she turned to him. He was looking forward just like her now.

Why? His voice came out soft.

No particular reason. I could just relate to this. There was time when I felt suffocated, almost breathless. Places like these helped me breathe then. She said with a small smile playing on her lips. She felt contented. But Manik didn't fail to notice a small tremor that occurred as a reflex.

Suffocated with? He questioned.

Everything. She kept her reply short, but the smile on her face dimmed. Manik observed this and said I'm not a nature lover too.

I sensed it by the way you were restlessly walking up and down after 15 minutes of arriving here. With this, she chuckled.

Manik was embarrassed. Yes, he prefers people over loneliness. He feels scared amidst silence and darkness. He 'dislikes' it.

You can do whatever you want, Manik. You don't need to wait for me and get bored. I don't like it when I become the reason for someone's dissatisfaction. How about we go to your favorite place in the evening? Nandini asked him politely.... almost formally.

Manik studied her for a moment and said Yes, it's true I don't like such lonely places but it doesn't mean I hate them.

Nandini was confused. What was he saying?

There is a thin line between disliking and hating, Nandini. He said and observed her knowing look as her lips curved into a painful smile. Why?

I know the difference, Manik. She said at last.

And what's that? He asked wanting her speak more than those two lines that she stuck herself with.