PROLOGUE

The hustle bustle of the place just kept increasing with each passing second. Orders were being barked loudly and magnificent lights adorned the place. The guests were very well settled now as the ceremony was to start in an hour. The venue echoed with loud laughter and greetings.

Raghavan Murthy's feet didn't touch the ground. At the age of 50, he kept running all over the hall to re-check all the arrangements. Lights, decor, food, guest reception... Oh lord, the list is so long. But, not for once did he huff about it. He just wanted all of it to be perfect.

Shalini Murthy was no less than her husband. In fact, she took half the members of the event management company with her and kept allotting last minute works to each. She is a very traditional woman and wants the same for the occasion as well because she somewhere knew even the aankhon ka tara wanted the same. Her husband was hopeless in that department and hence, she had to take up all the responsibility of making it the way she dreamt.

While the Murthys were busy with this, the Malhotras were panicked. Sitting in the small villa just a lane away from the venue, they were dressed in south Indian outfits.

Samarth Malhotra was pacing the entire length of the room, while his wife Mahima Malhotra was furiously typing something on her mobile. The rest of the Malhotra family and friends were trying to call him.

They all were set to go to the venue thirty minutes ago, when they discovered that he was missing. Then started a massive search for him, only to get zero results. He literally disappeared from the place.

Unable to take more of the calamitous situation, Mansi Sharma Malhotra, the elder daughter in law of Samarth and Mahima, sat in front of Mahima and held her hand saying "I think we should inform the Murthys"

That sentence halted all the movements in the living room. Neeyan Malhotra, her husband looked at her in disbelief, while their friends were startled. Mansi knew what was at stake and those words coming from her was enough for them to shudder.

"Do you even know what you are speaking? You of all people, Mansi?" Neeyan spoke, still in a dilemma if he heard something wrong. But, Mansi's eyes were fixed on Mahima who was looking helpless.

Mahima's eyes darted from Mansi to Samarth who gave her a light nod. Neeyan saw this exchange and shouted "You cannot do this. I won't let you. I can't see her in that state once again. Not this time, nor any other time"

"What do you want then? You want her to sit on the mandap, waiting for him to turn up and get humiliated. Is it?", Mansi questioned calmly. She fell short in being a friend once, she won't repeat the mistake this time. Not having an answer, Neeyan fell on his knees, his eyes moist with warm tears, for her happiness which could not be hers. In a minute, his best friend, Vatsal Suryavanshi was by his side and took him in hug, equally disappointed.

" I think it's time the Murthys know", Samarth said gravely. The others could only nod. This is going to be a long day.

Raghavan Murthy was surprised when they came walking to the entrance of the venue without the baaraath, nevertheless welcomed the Malhotras, but his eyes were searching for one specific person. Samarth cleared his throat and said "Raghu, I need to talk to you"

"Is it very urgent?"

"Very"

"Well then, please come". Saying so, he took Samarth and Mahima to a room, followed by the rest. After tagging Shalini along, who seemed visibly upset to have been disturbed from her last minute arrangements, they settled in a small room in the hall.

"He is missing, Raghu". This fell like a bomb on the Murthy couple, who looked at each other tensed. What would they tell her now?

Raghavan composed himself and asked "Did you try calling him? Something important might have popped up" He knew he was anything but a coward.

"We have been trying to do that since half an hour, uncle. His phone is switched off", said a distressed Vatsal. He was worried for both of them, because he knew Manik too well.

When Raghu was about to suggest an alternate plan, Noor barged in.

"Uncle, She is missing!"

How was it?

Who are the he and she?

Anything you wanna tell me

Ignore typos

Hope you will encourage the story!

LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT!

Adios,
Gargi!