5. CONNECTED STRANGERS

Hello, everyone!

Missed me and the story?

I'm back with a new chapter.

But before that I would like to clear about the time frames. I see some of you are confused.

We would be having three time frames.

2013, when all the characters would be in college.

2019, an year after the Butterflies graduate college. You'd know why I mentioned this later in the story.

2021, the present day when Manik and Nandini eloped from the wedding.

A note regarding their ages too.

Butterflies are in the same class.

Manik, a year senior to them.

Neeyan and Vatsal, two years senior to the Butterflies.

I hope I'm clear.

Enjoy reading!

SPACE Institute of Health Sciences,
2013

(Please read the above note if you skipped it. It's important)

Nandini, what was that? What would he think about you? Kritika asked her sternly. She did not like her best friend asking for a chocolate from a rich stranger. She felt she should have just let it go and said that it was just an act of kindness as it actually was. What if he misunderstood her to be a gold digger, however small the gift was?

Kriti... chill. I did what I thought was right. Besides, when he asked me what I wanted all I could think of was that. What's wrong in taking a little advantage? She winked at the end making the Butterflies laugh. She was like this, bubbly and teasing.

After they had their lunch, all of them headed towards their next subject which they had together, when Avni and Mansi held Nandini back.

Out with it! They asked raising an eyebrow each. Nandini sighed. Just a month and they knew her already. How?

She looked at them who were standing with a 'no excuse' look on their face.

Ok.. fine... I wanted to teach him a lesson. I wanted to prove it to him that his opinion about girls is wrong. He literally was analyzing my character and I don't appreciate it. I condemn bigotry and he was doing exactly that. She said with a tone of mild anger. She hated being judged on prejudice.

The girls looked at each other before nodding. Something they understood about Nandini in these days is that she can't tolerate anything close to inequity near her. She would make it right in quirky ways.

But, why the drama? You could have told on his face that you were not expecting anything. Mansi asked confused.

He would have thought that I'm faking my kindness and the conversation would have dragged for no reason. As I told, he was too adamant to look beyond his bubble. For some reason, he disliked girls and I just wanted him to see that everyone was not the same. Girls can be simple, kind, mischievous, loving, giving, outspoken, independent, sassy all at the same time. Not only mean, conniving and conspiring as he opines. Nandini shrugged. She sensed that Neeyan was not a bad guy, but just a bit arrogant especially towards women.