1. THE RUNAWAY COUPLE?

Hello all..

So, chapter one is here!

BUT BEFORE THAT GO BACK TO FACE CLAIM AND GET INTRODUCED TO THE NEW CHARACTERS, ADDED JUST BEFORE THIS UPDATE!

Comments are awaited!!

Enjoy reading!!!

********************************

Everybody stood up on their feet aghast. Shalini ran to Nandini's room the next second, followed by Mansi while the rest of them were too stunned to react. Shalini and Mansi searched the entire place for Nandini but it seems she really disappeared.

The rest of them slowly followed the friend's gang managing the guests, not to give them a clue of what was happening. Raghu amd Samarth were now scared. Where were both the children?

A ping on Mahima's mobile caught their attention. Mahima disinterestedly opened her phone to widen her eyes. The message was from 'Mannu'

All the elders, along with Noor, Mansi and Neeyan hurried towards Mahima, very well understanding who sent the message. She played the video message. There stood Manik Malhotra in his wedding attire, with a cotton white shirt over his pattu panche (the traditional wedding outfit of South India) looking gorgeous to the T. His slightly grown hair falling on his blemish less face, while his wedding attire was adding to his charm. He was an epitome of perfection for those who glance at him. But was he really?

"I know all of you are tensed for the bride and her groom and I'm sorry for doing that to you. I didn't have any other option but this. In the surprising turn of events, I had to escape with Nandini, I think elope would suit the situation better. But for us, it was escape" His video message said and continued. The Malhotras and Murthys, along with their friends were stunned. Eloped?

"Marriage should be finalised after the consent of 'both' the bride and groom, but we somewhere lagged in understanding facts. I took this decision for the betterment of both of 'us'. I know this might not be the way to do it, but trust me, this is good for all of us" His words held a hidden accusation. He knew something that they don't or they became too dense to notice.

"Raghu uncle and Shalini aunty, your Nandu is with me. Please don't worry. I would take care of her and Dad-Maa, I'll take care of myself too. We'll come back when we feel it is time to, which is definitely not now" He spoke, accompanied by light laughter, which was definitely not a joyous one.

"I know there are people out there who would want an explanation. Please inform them that the marriage is postponed due to emergency. This is not the way to do it, but I couldn't find any other alternative that is better for Nandini. And for Nandini, I would do anything"

"You guys trusted me this long... Trust me a little longer too. I'm doing this for 'our' good. I'll stay in touch as and when possible. I'm sorry... And I love you all. Bhais and Mansi, please take care of all of them"

And with that the screen went blank. The parents stood still, not being able to comprehend the situation. The youngsters, equally baffled, decided to step in and they shook Samarth out of his trance, who, out of options, went along with his son's direction to them.

The confused guests started weaving their own theories, but nevertheless left the venue while only the Murthys, Malhotras and their friends remained. They could predict what tomorrow would bring. A lot of gossip and maybe, insult too.

After settling down in the hall itself, Vatsal went to Samarth who was lost in deep thought and said "Paa, don't blame Manik. Please. He's the most understanding guy among all of us. If he took this step at the last moment, he definitely knows something which we don't. He would have risked his life to protect the respect of both the families and if he chose not to, then the issue at hand is much bigger"