Prologue

"You know what would make you feel better?"

My eyes went to Callie, my make up artist for years, as she continued prepping my make up. I waited for her response. She just smiled then finished readying me.

"Move on," she continued, while grabbing the magazine that I was reading, "Being stuck with the past won't help you move forward."

I suddenly felt a stinging pain inside my chest.

"He looks... happy."

My eyes wandered at the cover photo of Reveal.

He deserves to be happy.

"You've been carrying that burden for years. I doubt that they'd still remember what happened," she smiled sadly.

"May rason ka naman para kumawala sa kanila..."

"I understand them," umiwas ako nang tingin.

"Pero hindi naman sa lahat ng pagkakataon ikaw lagi 'yong umiitindi." She reasoned out.

Who would've welcome me with open arms after what I have done? Sino ang hindi magagalit kung mas pinili kong maging selfish... to the extent that I left them hanging?

A sad smile crept into my lips when I saw our group photo on my table.

Gusto ko lang naman magkaroon ng mga kaibigan at sumaya. I never wanted anything except for the love that I wanted to deserve and yet...

I still don't deserve everything I have. I still don't deserve them.

Happiness is not permanent. Maybe it wasn't for me. Maybe I make people feel burdened and tired of me. Siguro hindi ako worth it mahalin. It takes a lot for them to love and fully understand me, and to know the real me.

Palagi na lang ako 'yong nagsasakiripisyo. Palagi na lang ako 'yong nakikinig palagi.

Paano naman ako?

Who would listen to me?

Who would save me from this madness?

I smiled to myself.

Ako pa rin.

Ako pa rin palagi.

All I want is happiness for myself. And now that I have found it, everything crumbled so easily.

If I did have the choice to not leave, will I still be happy with them? Will I still be happy with... him?

My eyes watered. That scene still broke me.

"Where are you going with those luggages?"

Hindi na ako nagulat nang maabutan ako nito sa dorm ko. Alam kong matagal na siyang nagtitimpi sa mga inaakto ko nitong mga araw, but he chose to be quiet. He tried to understand me.

He never gave up.

But I was trying to get out from his grasp, knowing that he would never let me go that easily.

He was that persistent.

"I already told you, natanggap ako sa agency na pinag-auditionan ko sa ibang bansa. I won't let that opportunity go to waste."

"Then I'll come with you, no need to pack these things alone."

Kaagad nitong pinigilan ang mga kamay kong nag-eempake ng mga gamit ko.

"When's your flight? I'll buy a ticket for-

I sighed, stopping him.

"Ngayon ang flight ko, Sun." I said firmly.