Something Just Like This

Do not be so keen my brain screamed, wait was that how his name was seen?

Tall, lean and a cute face with heart to mingle around with kids, that is how he is. He had a smile and words to charm every mother's heart, he had the right words to win you over. We started talking from Tinder, I was so keen to talk to him, I learned that he was hoping to be a pilot, someone who is chasing their dreams after years of struggling, it was attractive, a man who knew what he wanted, he chased after it. He studied as much as he could, staying up late at night. I was always waiting for his replies, wanting to keep the conversation going, in a few days of talking we decided to meet up. He drove all the way to my place and picked me up for a late night boba tea drink. We sat down at the cafe for a couple of hours talking, laughing at our lame jokes and just enjoyed each other's company. It was nice to just talk to someone and share on how much we looked forward to be the best in our career lines. He was quite motivating. As he decided to drop me off back at home, he turned around and asked if we could go on a weekend vacation. He wanted to get away from the city from a bit, relax from all the studying, he wanted me to wake up and prepare breakfast for him. I loved the idea of it, no guy has ever shared such thought. So I agreed. Why should I say no to random adventures like this right?

The very next week, after work on a Friday, he picked me up and we drove to a place right near the beach. He would randomly hold my hand as he drove and it felt nice for a while. We brought tons of snacks and drinks, when we sat down at the balcony we could see the ocean, it was a beautiful sight. I remember how much he wanted to see the sunset with me but we missed it. We sat down there and talked for hours before I went to bed. I woke up in between and found him reading, I could feel him caress my cheeks at times as he read. I was coughing and he ran to bring me a cup of water. He woke up early to enjoy the view of the ocean in the morning, he sat there with his floral shirt and drank a cup of tea, he teased me on how I should have prepared him breakfast, so I did, I had maggi prepared. He was laughing as he ate it anyways. As he drove me home, deep down I was wondering if I would ever see or hear from him again.

He surprised me. He waited for me after work at the train station for almost 40 minutes. He never complained, he was patiently waiting and I was worried that I looked horrible after work. I baked a cake and I shared a couple of slices of it with him in the car. We had something to eat again, he wanted to watch a movie with me in the cinema after that, I was worried that I had to wake up early the next day for work, but I agreed anyways. I loved how he wanted to spend time despite not having any movies to watch, we randomly picked one. He waited patiently outside of my house as I showered and got ready. In the mean time he went to the pharmacy to get me vitamins as he knew over that short vacay that I was still coughing. I was touched obviously.

Was I starting to catch feelings for this dude? Maybe? Was he just being nice? Maybe.

As we drove to the cinema, he asked me how I viewed relationships. He was nodding, not much on sharing anything on how he felt. We watched a tamil movie and he got me popcorn! The movie was super long, he held my hand and caressed my arm whenever I felt cold. I just enjoyed the night.

After that night, we spoke often, I bought him a couple of floral shirts, that beach vibe as it reminded me of that vacay, he looked good in it. It was such a sight. I did not hear from him in a couple of days after that, I was curious and I ended up on his social media, he was out on a short holiday after his birthday. I was wondering how come he never wished me on Christmas Day either. No one in particular with him that he posted about. I wished him congratulation as AirAsia decided to hire him. And I randomly asked him how was his holidays.

He texted back saying "I am here with my girlfriend."

In a split second, time froze for me. Was he joking? Where did this girl come from all of a sudden?

I was not even going to ask about it, I did not want to hear what he had to say either.

I blocked him. Instantly.

I did not say a word to anyone.

No one knew about him expect my mother.

But now I wonder, should I ask him on what really happened? Why do I suddenly feel like I need an explanation? Closure?

Why won't you cry asked the mirror? It will all pass by with a sigh she answered.