17: Recording 16

"Mom! I'm heading out!" I yell, getting my bag and quickly making my way down the stairs.

"Alright love, be back soon!"

I got out the door and immediately bumped into Nathan, who held his hand out for me as Leon honked the car. I smiled, taking his hand as he opened the door.

"Get in." He grinned, "Rocco's has a special today."

I got in and the car ride was silent for a while, before Nathan pressed the button on the car, and a familiar voice aired out.

"You guys set me up." I murmured.

"Nope, just following boss girl's orders." Leon chuckled as Cecelia's voice filled the car.

Now I'm assuming that Nate and Leo got you in the car and are taking you where I asked them to. If they are, I will thank them later.

Now, Leon and Nathaniel are your getaway drivers for now. So don't worry about transport. At Rocco's, I have something special for you there, and it will be your next clue. I know youre confused right now, but just trust me Yvonne, I know what I'm doing.

From your chinchilla,
Cecelia.

The car came to a stop as we reached Rocco's and Leon turned to face me, "Chinchilla?"

"Don't ask, twerp." I rolled my eyes, and got out, "Lead me to the clue my lovelies."

Nathan bowed, "Gladly."

We entered Rocco's together and there was a table with the words Yvonne on it. I looked down at the box on the table, and then back at Leon.

"How...?"

"Just open it." Nate smiled, then turned around, "Jason, man! Thanks for doing this! I owe you one!"

"Anything for the family man! Hope she likes it!" He called back.

I lifted the box, and gasped. Inside was a cupcake and a note besides it. The cupcake had cranberries around it, and I picked it up along with the letter.

"The letter was my idea." Leon said triumphantly, and I laughed as Nathan pat his head.

Before biting into the cupcake, I read the letter.

Because you said cranberry was your favorite, and because we hang out with the gang here, here's something to satiate your sweet tooth.
-Cece.

"Hmm." I hummed, and then Nathan passed me a bottle.

"Cranberry juice." He nodded, "You have taste."

I took it in a different way as I looked at the cupcake, imagining Cece and I eating it together, "I do indeed."