3

Y/N POV

Y/N stood on the peak of Parkers hill and inspected the veiw. Then she closed her eyes and prayed for him not to be there when she got home. Him. That was all he was. He didn't deserve a name. And if he had been in the liquor cabinet, she'd be in trouble.
(I will believe)
It would be dark soon. Already the street lights were burning holes in the sky. Y/N looked around to see if there were any drug pushers or glue sniffers about. She could always dodge them but better safe then sorry.
(In your goodness)
She was in no hurry to get home, so she headed for the longest route. Up forest lake road and right, down the hill. Past the smelly fish and chip shop, Mr Colbys Dinky Dairy, the laundrette where she did the laundry twice a week, and through the car wreckers yard. She ran down a street with run down flats, and turned down the driveway of 27b and her heart almost stopped. He was home and she could tell he was drunk.
(I will believe in your grace)
And there he was. Cigarette in one hairy, ring cluster hand, glass of vodka in the other. she held her breath. "Where's mum?"
"Out" he growled, "you're late, where have you been?"
"School"
Suddenly his hand shot out. He grabbed her shoulder and slammed her against the wall.
(And I am blessed by your forgiveness)
"I bet you havent", He let her go and she slumped to the floor, whimpering.
"Get up!"
Shaking, she rose to her feet before running down the hall.
"Get back here!" He yelled, "if you get back now it may not be as bad! Come on, come to daddy". She got to the end of the hall trapped and he grabbed her wrists. He punched her, the first one never hurt. The next one hit her straight in the head, making her fly back onto the carpet. "no, please..."
(I must be strong in my faith)

She crawled along the floor, blood running into her eye. He hauled her up by the hair and dragged her into the kitchen kicking and screaming. She was crying so hard she didn't see the next one coming. It hit her in the stomach and the air burst from her lungs. The linoleum was cold against her cheek. He threw two china plates like frisbees and they shattered on the floor beside her. He spat on her upturned face and it ran down her cheek, mixing with her blood. But before he turned to walk off, his steel-capped toe connected with her kidney.

Sudden blackness overcame her and she felt nothing.