Chapter 13 The happiest day of our afterlives

Being escorted to the back by Elder Gutknecht, (Y/n) had a short amount of time to realize that what his mother said was correct. 

Emily was the one.

Alive or deceased, it did not matter to young (Y/n), for he knew that after everything her and he have gone through together; she was put back up into the land of the living for a reason. 

To be his bride.

Elder Gutknecht: "Well this is the room, do get acquainted for the time being. The ceremony starts soon, it appears everyone has gathered finally."

(Y/n): "You're right on that, my family and hers are both here."

Elder Gutknecht: "Then I shall not keep you waiting to see your lovely bride."

Before Elder Gutknecht could depart to start the proceedings, a bit of reluctance still remained inside (Y/n). Acting quickly but calmly, he stopped the Elder for a brief moment to ask a simple yet deep question.

(Y/n): "Elder... you've done so much already and I cannot express how grateful I am for you helping make this all possible but... her and I are both young. We're practically still children. She never has been married, and neither have I... the nerves are overwhelming, and don't get me wrong, I know this is the perfect choice but it's just I'm not prepared for how married life is.... especially when you're dead and..."

Elder Gutknecht: "You need not to worry about a single thing (Y/n)."

He stopped (Y/n)'s cautious rant to affirm him that doubts and troubled thoughts about the future are not needed.

Elder Gutknecht: "I've been here for a long time, longer than mostly everyone here. My age is not to be fooled. I've seen folks come and go. Finally reaching peace and others being granted amnesty for their past mistakes head up to the Heavens. I too have longed to head up there, yet I do not know why for so long I haven't been brought up. Like you currently, my doubts overflooded my mind, even losing hope that I would ever reach peace."

Setting his fragile and skeletal hand upon (Y/n)'s shoulder, this made (Y/n) feel more comfortable and at ease, hearing such a veteran of the undead confide in him that he too has moments of concern and worry.

Elder Gutknecht: "But my time here, all my years here, I have found my own peace. Helping young folk like you and dear Emily bring me happiness like never before. I learned long ago to not let my worries overtake me any longer. Which is why I stopped assuming and searching for what could possibly be the way to achieve peace at last. We all have our own paradises, some find it to be Heaven, others can have it being reunited with those they held dear... mine is lending a hand in anyway I can in helping those paradises come true."

(Y/n): "Elder Gutknecht..."

Elder Gutknecht: "Say no more, it is impolite to keep a lady waiting, especially on that of her wedding day."

With that all said, (Y/n) kneeled down and embraced Elder Gutknecht for his wise and kind advice that was much needed. Accepting the sudden but understandable hug, Elder Gutknecht patted (Y/n) on his back and went on his way to prepare the happiest days of both (Y/n) and Emily's lives.

Turning back to face the door that lead into the room Emily occupied, (Y/n) stared down at the door knob. A feeling of nerves overcame him once more, but not any longer about the marriage, but rather of suddenly entering the room to see Emily in her now equipped wedding dress. 

Despite acquiring the wedding dress himself for Emily, he was a bit hesitant about opening the door. 

As young (Y/n) hasn't seen Emily in her wedding attire and she too hasn't seen (Y/n) in his. It would come as a surprise and a joy to see each other in what will be their defining moment.