Chapter 5 Grim and deadly revelations

The morning was here, the sun was disguised behind clouds, making the world shimmer dimly in light, but enough for people to see. 

Winter.

More and more snow coated the town and the forest area, making the weather turn from cool to even cooler. The turn of the season had arrived and with it brought an influx of snow and chills, and along with that, young (Y/n) would awake to a new chapter in his life. 

For last night, as the snow made it's debut, so did (Y/n)'s love for Emily. Waking up, yet again in a pool of sweat, (Y/n)'s heart felt full of excitement and passion, something he never imagined he would experience for a long time since his business with Catherine. A smile present on his face, he eagerly got out of his bed, looking out towards the window to see his town now blanketed in white from the snow. Heading over to the bathroom to prepare for the new day, he now had all the time to spend with Emily after being fired from his job. 

Though, it seems as though his day would become grim.

With just a few steps, (Y/n) immediately felt weak, his chest feeling like it was clenching in every direction. It was absolute pain for him, and he exerted his pain through violent coughing, even blood emitting from his coughs. Raising his hand up to his mouth to try and control the horrendous coughing, he noticed the blood spewing from his mouth. 

In a shock, he rushed over to the bathroom...

Panting heavily...

A shot of worry in his mind...

He stepped in front of the mirror...

Looking at his morbid and gauntly reflection, it was like staring at a corpse. His skin became much more pale than before, his eyes becoming gaunt and red in color. Breathing heavily, recovering from the coughing, he saw the blood stain on his lips, opening up wide to see what was causing it. Inside his mouth looked normal, besides from his tongue being a severely red color. 

He looked terrible and felt it.

(Y/n) needed to see a doctor and quickly, because his breathing was raspy and uncontrollable, his chest was feeling like it needed to explode. Without any concern for how he appeared, he slipped on his shoes, disregarding his socks and walked out his home.

The brightness from the snow overwhelmed his eyes, making him squint. (Y/n) would look around and see other people all dressed in wintery clothing, keeping themselves warm, whereas (Y/n) didn't bother equipping any sort of warm apparel because of the direness of his current health.

Ignoring the cold as best as he could, wrapping his arms around himself to counter the brash weather temperature, (Y/n) in a hurry walked down the road to meet with a doctor. Along his walk, (Y/n) came across the poor souls he saw before, the ones that had befallen with the case of the awful new disease, Cholera, and worry took over his mind.

Young (Y/n) was petrified that perhaps he had fallen ill to this new illness, this deadly new sickness. He shuttered at this thought, not wanting to believe it nor even think it. Keeping his eyes straight, he kept his eyes forward not paying any mind to these unfortunate people who had this awful plight of Cholera.

As he drew nearer to the doctor's office, the coughing returned, making (Y/n)'s chest palpitate harshly to try and calm it. Blood spat out from his mouth, landing on the white snow, making it a horrifying sight to truly behold. 

(Y/n): "No...."

This seemed a nightmare to (Y/n), who felt like if he ran off of a cliff right now, he would wake up, but the pain, the feeling of the cold felt all too real. Breathing rashly once more, (Y/n)'s strength vanished and walking became a strenuous task, making it seem near impossible to continue on like this, walking in a cold snowy setting while coughing up blood and feeling like absolute death. He needed to reach the doctor's office soon, otherwise from how he was acting, it felt like he would soon share the similarity of being dead like Emily.