Chapter 11 Death and marriage

After the proposal that (Y/n) performed last night, he and Emily displayed their immense affection and affinity towards one another. Letting the night run it's course, they soon found themselves falling asleep in each other's arms on the park bench. Emily kept her hood on, just to be sure any visitors of the park that came by didn't see her fully and notice she is a corpse. Regardless of what happened last night, their passion towards each other has reached a new high, for they soon were to wed. A dream Emily was stripped of, but was alas to relive. Whereas (Y/n), a young man who found his heart broken in two had it repaired by Emily, and is now finding being with her to fill the void that remained in his life, no matter how short it was to be because of his sudden tuberculosis fate he faced.

Awakening from their snowy slumber in the central park of this lonely town, Emily was the first to open her eyes. Adjusting them to take in the white surroundings made by the coat of snow, she tilted her head to find herself resting against (Y/n). 

Emily: "Good morning my future husband."

A sweet gentle voice belonging to Emily whispered up to him. Yet, no response was returned. Emily simply took it as that he was still sleeping.

Though, the more Emily held and leaned against (Y/n), the sooner she realized that she felt no heartbeat.

Emily: "(Y/n)...?"

Raising her slender, skeletal hand, she grazed her long fingers, the beautiful blue shining as she trickled her hand along (Y/n)'s cheek, she turned his head so she could get a better view of him. 

What she saw, she knew, it happened.

(Y/n)'s appearance was vastly different from when she first laid her eyes on him. Instead of his fair skin, full of life, she slowly saw it become more pale as the days passed. Though now, what she saw, was that young (Y/n), her soon to be husband, was now the same color as Emily. A deep ghastly color of blue mixed with gray. His cheeks now gaunt and his hair matching a similar tint of blue, yet darker. 

Young (Y/n), had died.

A moment of silence was held, for his cold lifeless body, eyes closed, body stiff rested against the park bench. Light snow fell upon his body, and on Emily as well. Death had finally taken ahold on him, the tuberculosis has won. Though, despite death winning in the end, a loss wouldn't be marked on either of their scoreboards.

Emily: "Oh (Y/n), you can stop teasing me now."

A smile began to form not only on (Y/n)'s face, but also on Emily's. 

(Y/n): "Hehe, couldn't help myself."

Emily: "When did you find out?"

(Y/n): "I woke up a bit ago and saw my blue hands and didn't feel awful anymore."

Emily: "Hmm. I'm... I'm sorry you're... dead now..."

(Y/n): "At least I went in my sleep, and even better, at least I went with you by my side."

Emily: "I'm glad that it didn't hurt, you know, passing. But I'm even more glad that you aren't in any more pain. Seeing you suffer with that awful disease made me so sad, so much so that in all honesty... I couldn't wait for you to die.... to not feel any more pain I mean hehe."

(Y/n): "Miss Emily... you wanted me to die?"

Emily: "J-just so you wouldn't be in pain anymore! I-"

(Y/n): "Haha, don't worry. I know what you meant."

Emily: "Oh you and your teasing of little ol' me... and it's mrs. not miss anymore."