Chapter 2 A shimmer of a ring and of hope

Emily: "Hello... Excuse me?.... Are you alright?"

A faint and soft voice echoed itself through (Y/n)'s ears, making his eyes tremble and his lips quiver from it's gentleness. For after his collision with the tree, his mind was filled with a ringing noise and sensation, but the sweetness the voice emitted made it all fade away.

(Y/n): "Catherine?..."

His dazed state prevented any effort in opening his eyes to see what laid in front of him, and the brunt of the impact from earlier made his assumption of the voice he heard to be that of Catherine's. The young woman that he was running from nodded her head softly, placing her hand upon the forehead of (Y/n)'s, tending to his wound he sustained. 

Emily: "No... my name is Emily."

(Y/n): "E-Emily?..."

Emily: "Yes, open your eyes dear."

With as much given strength as he could, (Y/n) reluctantly and slowly opened his eyes, his vision blurry at first but soon readjusting to see clearly.

There in front of him was the woman, the walking and talking corpse named Emily. Her dead shot eyes with her small pupils staring right into (Y/n)'s. Her face was at an angle, and darting his eyes around, (Y/n) saw that his head was resting in Emily's lap, her tattered wedding dress acting as a pillow to rest his injured head. With his eyes now open, (Y/n) also could feel her rotten and decayed hand trickle it's way up and down his forehead. Moving his view upwards, he got a view of the hand caressing his cranium, and upon it's finger was the wedding ring he placed on it, shining it's blue glow from the moonlight. 

Night has fallen, the evening rays that intruded through the branches were replaced with moonlight, making the environment glow in a soft white color. This in turn, made Emily's skin appear much more lighter in tone, yet still blue to the eyes. Young (Y/n) must have been out of it for quite a while since the moon was high in the sky, signifying that many hours have passed since his accident.

(Y/n): "W-wait! No...."

Truthfully, (Y/n) wanted to hop off and run away as quick as possible, yet his throbbing pain was still present, and it showed when he tried to move his arms up, only for his brain to halt any movement at all. Emily noticed his futile attempt to try and leave abruptly, and reacted by placing her other free hand on top of (Y/n)'s chest, keeping him still.

Emily: "Shhhh, it's alright my dear, we're together now."

(Y/n): "Please... don't hurt me..."

A faint call out was exchanged by (Y/n), making Emily tilt her head in confusion and worry.

Emily: "I would never, my faithful husband."

(Y/n): "Husband?"

Hearing the word husband made (Y/n) think briefly of Catherine, a memory he didn't wish to revisit, and his current state of affairs has already shown that this is no nightmare, but rather his new path that he would have to undertake. A young yet beautiful undead bride is claiming to be his bride, yet this sudden knowledge is leaving (Y/n) with more and more questions. This was going to certainly be a difficult path to overcome.

Emily: "That's right silly, you proposed and I said yes."

Remembering back to that part where he placed the ring upon that finger that he believed was merely a stick turned out to be the hand of a zombie woman, and now she claims to be wed to young (Y/n).

(Y/n): "I... You're... you're a..."

Emily: "Yes... I am dead... but that still doesn't change the fact that we can be together now my husband."