Author's Note

Dear Reader.

Thank you for reading my short story, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Like Angel and Jeremiah, I'm a BIPOC LGBT+ athlete. I'm still unfortunately closeted and will be for awhile, but I like to come on here and be more open with myself. Even if it's behind a screen. I wanted to project something short and sweet, for people who can only live out who they are with books and media.

Sometimes you want a long book, to take you somewhere for a long time, and sometimes you want something happy and short-lived. Im someone that can't often read so I go for the latter typically, so if you're like me, that one was for you.

This story was supposed to end differently. It was going to describe an anxiety attack and other things, but then I had one at a competition at the time of writing and I just didn't want be reminded of something very sensitive, so I changed it. And I made it something very happy. Not everyone wants something too real when they live 'real' and hard everyday.

It was a little more planned than my first work, it's a little rough around the edges because of the alterations and it also could've been longer, but hopefully it brought you some joy.

Thank y'all for the support and the love, you guys put a smile on my face.

-J