The Rain

The bomb exploded in the air, causing a giant shockwave that knocked people down and damaged buildings.

Silence filled the city.

"That son of a gun..." Sanji whispered. 

"He... protected the country..." Nami faltered.

"Hey.. this can't be happening..." Usopp trembled.

Despite Pell sacrificing himself in order to protect Alubarna, the soldiers from both sides were getting back up. They seemed unfazed by the explosion that would've killed them.

Now the city was filled with the yells of the soldiers.

The raging war continued.

In the clock tower, a horrified Vivi started to yell, "Please, stop fighting!" over and over again. The only ones who heard her were the Straw Hats.

"You dummy..." Nami mumbled. "You guys! What're you just standing there for! It doesn't matter if you have to punch or kick! Just stop the rebellion! Reduce the number of casualties as much as possible!"

=~+~=

As the crew tried to stop the war, suddenly the ground started to shake and crack. A portion of it blew open to reveal an unconscious Crocodile flying hundreds of feet into the air.

"Hey, look! Look at that!" Sanji pointed.

"Crocodile?!" Everyone exclaimed.

I don't know how he flew out from such a place, but this means one thing..." Usopp yelled.

"He won!" Everyone cheered.

=~+~=

Vivi fell onto her knees despite seeing such a victory.

"When our enemy is already gone... don't shed... any more blood. Please stop fighting!"

Almost as if the heavens heard her call, rain started to fall.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

This alone made the entire battlefield stop fighting.

"Please don't fight... anymore!" Her voice was finally heard by everyone as the dust cleared. 

"Vivi's voice has reached everyone," Nami said in awe.

Weapons were lowered and thrown on the ground. They were all shocked to see their missing princess again. 

"The rain falling right now will fall again as it used to. Since our nightmares... are all over."

Bam!

Crocodile's body finally collided with the street.

"Crocodile-san? How come he fell in a place like this?"

"Our nightmares are all over? You can't be serious! There's no way what happened was just 'nightmares'!" someone yelled from the crowd.

"That's right! We saw the king attack Nanohana with our own eyes! Koza-san was also shot by the Royal Army!" another chimed in. "How do you explain the Royal Army's misconduct up until now?! That's not good enough for those who fell in this rebellion!"

People yelled in agreement. Weapons were raised again, the battle was going to continue.

"Drop your weapons! Royal Army!" Chaka ordered from atop the palace.

"Ma-ma-ma... You too, Rebel Army!" it was Igaram, the one who was presumed dead. "I will explain everything that happened to this country. Everyone drop your weapons!"

"That's the old pervert from Whiskey Peak!" Zoro noted. "So he was alive!"

Finally, everyone dropped their weapons. At last, the battle was over.

=~+~=

"Then Crocodile-san was the ringleader for everything?"

"Good heavens... I can't believe it..."

"Hey, look at that! It's the Marines!" It was Tashigi leading her men alongside Hiroshi.

"I've got this Hiroshi-san," she turned to the fallen Warlord. "We were told that a Baroque Works-owned artificial rain-making ship was discovered with Dance Powder on it. Sir Crocodile, president of the secret crime syndicate Baroque Works and one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea. In the name of Marine Headquarters, an agency directly under the World Government, I hereby strip you of your authorization to capture enemy ships, as well as all the titles and rights bestowed upon you by the Government."

The truth was finally revealed to the people of Arabasta.

[End of Part 9]

A/n: Sorry that this was a pretty boring chapter, but I had to sum up the end of the arc somehow! Apologies in advance but my writing schedule is going to be weird for a while. I hope you understand and thanks for reading! <3