the dragon and the challenge

See the bottom for more notes

note, I own nothing from any of the yu-gi-oh franchises, nor do I own anything from Percy Jackson and the Olympians, I make no money from this. This disclaimer goes for the whole fic.

Third person

Percy Jackson, the two time savior of Olympus, had a secret, not a big one, a minor one, mind you. Percy Jackson, was a duelist, he wasn't even a small time duelist either, he was the youngest champion in America. After having won the championship in America, the young man, at the age of fifteen, was on his way to Duelist Kingdom, to take part in the tournament there, hosted by Maximillion Pegasus, the creator himself. He had to be down by the docks, early in the morning, for he would be leaving by a boat, he called up in the night, and using the mist, was able to fake papers, showing his ownership of the boat, the only ones who knew were his father, and his aunts.

Last night, after getting home from the party on Olympus, Perseus found a letter on his bed, oddly enough, his mother was nowhere to be seen, so he just opted to read the letter.

"Perseus,

I am Maximillion Pegasus, creator of duel monsters, and owner of both duelist kingdom and industrial illusions. I am inviting you to take part in the duel tournament I am hosting. Also, if you wish to ever see your mother again, come to my island, win eight star chips, and defeat me in a duel, otherwise you will never see your mother again. I await your arrival, young champion.

Maximillion Pegasus, owner of Duelist kingdom, creator of the duel monsters card games, and president of Industrial Illusions."

Glancing down into the box, that came with the letter, there was only two other things, a glove holding two star chips, and a brochure, containing information about the island. Perseus, after looking over the brochure, decided to send a quick iris message to his father, "iris o goddess of the rainbow, please accept my offering, and show my Poseidon." after throwing a drachma into the mist that he had formed, he waited for a few seconds, and soon enough, the mist faded to show the Greek god of the Seas, and the ruler of Atlantis.

"Percy, how are you my son? Is something wrong? You seem a bit troubled?" the god asked his son.

Percy point of view

"You know about me being a duelist, right? Well I got a letter from the creator of the duel monsters cards, and he has challenged me. What's worse, he took mom, so I was hoping if you could let Zeus know that I won't be around for a while?" I asked him with a sheepish look on my face, while rubbing the back of my head.

"very well, however, do be careful, but do make sure to tell your friends, I really don't think Zeus would take to kindly to them bombarding him with questions about your disappearance, nor do I think he would be to thrilled with them showing up and attacking him because they think he killed you." dad said dryly.

I wanted to laugh, the mental image alone of the campers accosting Zeus was very funny. "yeah, okay I will tell them, although I don't know how long I will be gone, but I can't just let mom be held captive her entire life. I am getting sick of those who keep kidnapping my mother, it's pissing me off." I scowled.

My father just looked at me with amusement dancing in his eyes, "now, that this seriousness is done, what is this I am hearing about you and a certain somebody last night? Do you have a crush on someone Percy?"

I glared at him, feeling the heat in my cheeks, "shut up, pervert. You really need to quit smoking that underwater seaweed."

Dad just threw his head back and laughed, "ha ha, you should know my boy, nothing stays secret on Olympus, and there were some witnesses who caught the two of you together, however, I do have a few wishes. Just two of them I will explain right now, one of them is for you to live your life how you want, do what makes you happy."