The Was Scepter

Percy awoke with a start. Feeling a pulse of energy, he glanced down. At his side was a golden scepter. The top was a hawk's head. The body of the scepter was black, and the pommel was in the shape of a hawk's talons. On the blade, several symbols were etched and infused. Resembling many different key aspects of Egyptian lore and mythology. This scepter, was known as the Was scepter. The Was scepter was given to the Pharaoh, by the gods themselves. His rule was authenticated, and accepted, by wielding this divine weapon.

The symbols on the powerful artifact, were of the following. Ouroborus, which represented the beginning and ending of time. A serpent biting it's own tail. The Djed, representing strength, stability, as well as eternal life, and resurrection. The Shen, similar to the Greek Omega, in appearance, almost, represented the aspects of infinity, eternity, completeness, and even divine protection. A picture of a cobra, the Uraeus. This symbolized royalty, sovereignty, and divine authority. Another symbol, the Ka, was represented by a man with two arms raised above his head. The Ka, was an aspect of spirit and soul. The eye of Ra, or the Udjat Eye, was a symbol of protection, love, good health, royal authority, and power. The Heka and Nekhakha, or crook and flail, were symbols of kingship, power, royalty, fertility, the divine authority of pharaohs, and wisdom. A large, beautiful tree, on the scepter, was known as the tree of life. This symbol, was eternal life, regeneration, and knowledge of the divine plan. A feather, known as the Feather of Ma'at was also a symbol. This symbol, represented the virtues, justice, order, law, truth, and balance. Finally, the last symbol. Seba. This symbol, was the concept of stars, time, and traveling. The Was scepter, itself, was also a symbol. A symbol of power, and dominion of the king and the god in Egyptian culture.

This scepter, has been in Percy's possession since he was but a small child. As Percy glanced down at the scepter, he remembered how he found it.

Flashback, ten years ago, 1998.

A child with shaggy, wind blown raven hair, dark as night, and sea green eyes swirling like the currents themselves, was shaking. Not with fear, despite the terrible situation he was in, but rather with anger. His mother, was laying knocked out cold, on the couch, in the living room, with a stranger standing in in front of him. The stranger was wearing white robes, and a white turban on their head. This stranger, possessed blue eyes, and around their neck, on a chain, was an Ankh. Not that the boy knew that's what it was. Nor would he have cared at the moment. He was more focused on who this man was, what he wanted, and what he did to his mom.

"Who are you? Why did you attack my mom?!" The child glared angrily at the man. He didn't care if he was just a child and this strange being was an adult. He would defend and save his mother. As a result of his strong desire to protect his mother, to protect him, and his strong heritage. Something happened. Something unexpected. Two shimmerings near him, took place. One burst of bright white light, and the familiar visage of the majestic Blue Eyes White Dragon appeared, however, across from her, and on his other side, the light was the opposite. Black as night, with sparks of red energy, another dragon appeared. This dragon, was the opposite of his friend, Blue Eyes, who he had named, Kisara. This new dragon, however, was a dark, black. Shadows paled in comparison to the brimstone and charcoal colored scales. The most prominent feature, however, where the glowing, scarlet red eyes. Yet, oddly enough, they didn't radiate anger, or wrath. Instead, there was a calmness, a peace, a serene feeling. Offering warmth, and protection. Percy smiled widely, as he glanced at the two beautiful reptiles.

The white wearing being in front of him, however, upon seeing the two monsters, felt his eyes go wide. Shadi, upon seeing both powerful monsters, here in the material world, and feeling their own power along with Percy's, couldn't help but wonder, 'Who is this child? How is he able to do this? I must investigate further. But, still. What brought me here?Was it perhaps one of the few Millennium Items I possess? He's surely too young?' Maybe in the future he could-' He was cut off from his musings, when he felt one of the Millennium Items begin to shake and pulse. Glowing a harsh, gold. Shadows around the room seemed to thicken, condensing and warping into various duel monsters. Some of which were menacing, others seemed friendly. A few of the more feminine monsters, however, glanced at the boy and smiled, or giggled. One of them, a woman in a blue and pink robe, wearing a pointy hat, wielding a long magical staff, with long blonde hair, two pink spots on her cheeks, and having a large chest, kissed the boy on his cheek. Making him blush at receiving a kiss from such a pretty girl.