first duel on the island

As always, see the bottom for notes

Third person

Waking up in the morning, and after going on his four mile run, Percy took a shower and made himself some breakfast, and after eating, brushed his teeth. Glancing at the clock, showed that he needed to get a move on, he had a schedule to keep, he grabbed his decks, put on his traveling jacket, and walked out the door, locking it behind him. He stopped by a gas station on the way to the docks, to grab a big cup of coffee, and got onto the boat.

Using his father's power over naval and aquatic vessels, he pushed the boat through the waters, determined to get to the island faster than possible, his mother needed him, and after all she sacrificed and lost for him and because of him, he would not fail her, he owed her at least that much.

An iris message started to come through, "Percy I have a message for you from lord Hades, putting it through now."

"nephew, I have grave news. My son Nico is missing, I am hereby ordering you to find him." the ruler of the underworld spoke darkly. The hero of Olympus glared at his uncle.

"while Nico missing is unfortunate, I am already busy, am going to rescue my mom."

The god of the dead snarled, "my son Nico, is far more important than your mortal mother, don't fail me, boy, you won't like the consequences." with that being said, the god swiped through the message. Percy glowered at where the message used to be, pissed beyond belief at the god. Honestly, did the god think him completely heartless? Nico was his little brother after all, but his mother was also abducted, the woman who gave birth to him. (1)

His cell phone rang, and glancing down at the screen, he saw it was an unknown number, he had a feeling he should answer it. Hitting the green button, he put it by his ear, "hello?"

"greetings Percy boy, I just wanted to make sure you were on you're way here, after all it would be such a shame if something were to happen to your mother, wouldn't it? Or if that wasn't enough, how about if something were to happen to your little brother, Nico was it? I would ever so hate, for something unfortunate to happen to either of them." the loathsome voice of Pegasus came from the cellular device.

I clenched my fist, and answered back, through gritted teeth, "yes I am on a boat now, heading to your island. I hope you are ready for an early retirement, because I am going to beat you down so severely, you will never want to even look another card again, you hear me you treacherous worm. You will rue the day you even thought about taking them. Gods help you if either of them are the slightest bit harmed, understood?"

"oh, I am shaking in my boots. I look forward to our match, it will be the duel of the millennium. Better hurry up, I won't wait much longer." having said his piece, the creator of duel monsters clicked off. Percy swore rather violently and colorfully in ancient Greek. He took to pacing around the deck. Taking in deep breaths, he pushed the boat a bit harder, hastening his time of arrival to the island.

So lost in his feelings of anger, and hatred, he didn't even notice the sky darkening, nor the storm forming and swirling around his boat. Quickly getting a grasp on his turbulent emotions, he managed to stop the storm before it got to out of control, last thing he needed was the gods getting more involved.

'mom, I will save you, I swear it on the Styx. I promise I will save you as well, little brother.' Percy looked ahead and noticed the island, he grinned at the thought of getting justice. He docked his boat, and got off. He quickly put on his gauntlet, and after setting his two star chips in it, he walked over to where the other duelists all congregated to. He noticed a few who seemed somewhat promising.