Chapter 4

Meredith had a few minutes to eat lunch before going back to the library to try and figure out what was going on with her patient Katie Bryce. She wanted to figure out what was wrong with her to save her life but not operate with Derek on the first day. That would not look very good.

Knowing Derek was in some boring meeting since he kept texting her dirty messages from his Blackberry. She looked for a table for her to sit alone and eat her lunch. Not expecting that she wasn't going to be alone for very long.

"Hey. I'm Izzobel Stevens. Everyone calls me Izzy. Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked way to perky for her to not be on something.

"Um sure." Meredith replied unsurely. Before Meredith could get another word in the rest of Bailey's interns. George, the creepy gay guy who says he is not gay sat down, along with Alex, the cocky football looking guy and Cristina, the angry looking Asian girl all pushed their way to sit down and started gossiping.

"There's a pure bread in our class. Ellis Grey's daughter." Cristina blurted out. Causing Meredith to jerk her head up.

"Ellis Grey? The Ellis Grey?' George stuttered out.

"Yup, imagine growing up with the legend as a parent. She's going to have every doctor wanting to work with her. She's got a leg up." Cristina carried on while Meredith tried to sink into her chair and just eat her bad salad with her plastic force in peace.

"What's the deal with Dr. Shepherd" Izzy asked, causing Meredith's head to jerk up a second time.

"What deal? I have no deal."

"Oh not you, I meant the new head of neurosurgery. Isn't he hot? Anyone know if he's taken?"

"Yes, he's taken. He wears a wedding ring." Meredith snapped out causing all eyes to fall on her.

"Izzy has a crush on the dreamy neurosurgeon attending" Cristina blunted put out there.

"I do not, he's just really cute and do you think I'd have a chance anyways? He's an attending, I'm an intern."

Meredith in disbelief that this blonde wondering if she has a chance with her husband when she had just pointed out he was married wanted Meredith to poke her beady eyes out with her plastic cafeteria fork.

"I'm done, gotta go." Meredith jumped up after receiving a text that Derek was done his meeting. Leaving the cafeteria in a blazing trail. With one location on her mind.

"What was that?" Alex wondered.

"May be she has the hots for him too"

"You no, she is nice and sweet. She wouldn't.." George once again stuttered out.

"You have the hots for her, dontcha Georgie?" Alex smirked back.

"I do not, and my name is not Georgie."

"Anyways even you do Georgie, she's pretty taken herself considering the 6 digits worth of diamonds on her ring finger. Her hubby's loaded."