Chapter 189

"All finished" Meredith sighed dropped all the bags she had in her hand on the floor by the door as Derek opened their villa door. Derek dropped his bags that were much heavier and more plentiful right next to hers.

They had spent a couple more hours shopping, buying little jewelry trinkets for the girls left and shells and colored art for all the kids. Something for their rooms that they can hang on their walls. All those they were having shipped home so they can sort through them all and mail them accordingly.

Derek also had to indulge and buy Meredith something, a gold three-tone bangle with emeralds. He picked it out when she wasn't looked and had yet to give it to her. He knew she'd tell him not to when they were in the store if she'd seen him buying it.

They had a light snack at a local restaurant in town and came back to the hotel. Meredith back started to ache a bit and she was ready for the water.

"My lounge is calling my name." Meredith giggled as she grabbed a swim suit from one of her drawers as Derek opened the patio doors to let the breeze and air in.

"I bet it is." Derek laughed. "We're going to get you one of those for home."

"I know we'll get some summer heat, not like this…." She laughed. "But I'm living outside the second the summer comes and it's warm and there's not much rain."

"Are you forgetting someone?" Derek asked smirking and looking down at her protruding pregnancy belly.

"Umm my back aches, my feet are swollen and sore and my bathing suits are composed of far too much material. No I'm not forgetting someone." She rolled her eyes mocking him.

"He's going to be outside too?"

"Yes, he'll be an outdoors baby, we'll get one of those baby play things that come with the sunshade on top!" She exclaimed excitedly. "We can all be outside together all summer long."

"Well some people" pointing to himself "meaning me, have to work still."

"Well too bad for you." She laughed as she grabbed a bottle of water from the mini fridge and tossed it to him before grabbing another one for herself. "I'll have to remember to look for one of those outdoor play pens." She thought out loud before she stepped outside in the strong humidity and sunlight and sighing at loving the feeling. She kicked off her flip flops and laid down on the lounge closing her eyes and resting her back and feet.

"I don't think we should be going to buy anything until you open your truckloads of presents." Derek told her seriously as he came out and laid on the other lounge next to Meredith. Him also kicking off his flip flops and unbuttoning his casual short-sleeve button down to lay out next to her for a few minutes before he found an activity to go do on the beach.

"Who knows what we got in those boxes, everything we could possible think of buying and then some has probably been taken care of and bought in a fashionable designer color." He continued on thinking to all those presents.

Meredith giggled still keeping her eyes closed. "You're right, my amazing sisters probably did think of everything before I could think of it."

"You just remembering they're your amazing sisters when they're all in our house and refusing to leave. I think I'll be enjoying the view of the lake from the guest house." He laughed as they continued chatting and enjoying the rest of their day together and relaxing out in the sun.