Chapter 5

While the interns continued to banter on gossiping at lunch, Meredith had made her way to her husband's office. Not bothering to knock or check if he had anyone inside. She barreled her way in, stalking up to his desk where he sat reading a chart, grabbing his hand and looking at his ring.

"It's there, I see it. I knew it was there considering I did put it on you 7 years ago." She snapped.

"What's there and what is got you like this?" he asked looking at his hand.

"Your wedding ring is there."

"Of course it's there, where else would it be?" He wondered.

"Nowhere, just, ugh." She huffed plopping herself down in his lap.

" Does this constitute as touching, cause I'm banned and I got a lecture this morning on professionalism from my favorite intern who wants to be treated like the rest. Yet she's sitting down in my lap." He laughed.

"Shut up, and no other interns are allowed anywhere near your lap" she emphasized by poking him in his chest repeatedly with every word.

"Okay stop hurting me woman and tell me what's got you all bothered." He grabbed her hand while bringing it up to his lips for a light kiss.

"I was having lunch, by myself not wanting to be bothered then all the other interns came and sat. Wanting to gossip or whatever like this was high school. First they bring up the fact one intern is 'The Ellis Grey's daughter' she mimmicks, before he interjects.

"They know?"

"No, well yes, they know someone is her daughter. They don't know it's me, yet, so then next topic became you."

"Me? They know?" he asked again.

"No, they wanted to gossip about how hot and dreamy you are." She says rolling her eyes.

"Oooh I like this conversation." He smirked back. Expertly ignoring her husbands cockiness, she continued on.

"Dr. Stevens wants to know your story and wants in your parts. I pointed out you're married and she didn't even care. She didn't care Derek!" She exclaimed.

"Well, I care and you care and I don't care what they gossip about or think. I'm a very very happily married man and only one intern will ever get in my pants."

He replied seductively while kissing her cheek, nose, and eyes after every word. Calming her down in the process.

"Well I don't like it' she huffed back out sounding like a child. Chuckling back, Derek looked at her in awe.

"I love you. Since that club all those years ago that you snuck your way into and pretended to be of age and hustled me into buying you a drink and never told me your name. I've loved you and only you."

"I know, but it still doesn't make me not like when other woman have such disregard for that ring," she pouted.

"It is a pretty ring."

"It is, I picked it out myself."

"I remember." He winks.

"May be you need a bigger flashier one like mine." She says innocently.

"I love my ring and I have regard for it, so it's not changing or going anywhere. Some bimbo intern doesn't matter, okay?"

"Okay."

Derek leaned in to kiss her and at the last moment she jumped up out of his lap and looked at him.

"Banned remember?" she smirks before running out of his office before he can try to catch her.