Chapter 160

The flight had been a normal one so far for Meredith. After all these years with Derek she has flown with him more times that she could probably remember. The first being her graduation from high school trip they took, for a week in the sun on a Hawaiian beach. It was the perfect vacation right after her graduation. Derek had gone all out with it after she had told him she had never really had a vacation before. Her mother had never taken her anywhere, not even any conferences. She just ended up being left behind with the nanny or as she got older the housekeeper. Until Derek turned that all around.

As she got comfortable in their first class seat, Meredith adjusted her big fluffy pillow she brought from home to help support her aching already back while Derek stowed away her carryon and his laptop bag, the stewardess was of course eyeing him and wanting to know if she could help. Causing Meredith to roll her eyes before Derek told her politely that he could handle his wife's bag just find, stressing the word "wife."

"Never fails." Meredith muttered as Derek took back his seat and fastened his seat belt before bending to check to see if she had fastened hers.

"What never fails?"

"You, being the eye candy of every flight we go on. It never fails to not happen."

"I can't help it. I'm pretty" He smirks at her as she shakes her head and rolls her eyes stifling a giggle.

"If I remember correctly there was a flight to Orlando that I had to almost deck a guy." Derek muttered himself remembering the male flight attendant that kept eyeing his wife and asking her if she needed anything every five seconds. Meredith laughed remembering that time years ago.

"It wasn't funny."

"Oh it was, my hand was sore for a whole day from trying to hold you in your seat from every time you wanted to get up and go after him." She giggled.

"Not funny." He smiled trying himself not to laugh at how jealous he got on that flight and was really thankful it had been a short one from New York to Orlando and not a cross country one like from Seattle. He did not like any other guys looking at his wife, he didn't handle it with the grace Meredith did. He saw red and became a caveman as Meredith called it, but her caveman.

"It was the most stressful flight ever, I was scared to go to the bathroom because I wouldn't know what you'd do."

"I wasn't going to throw him out of the plane doors or anything."

"What ever you say." Meredith laughed as she sat up and moved her pillow around trying to place it in a comfortable spot. Eventually placing it on her side close to Derek and resting her head down on his shoulder.

"Tired?" he asked quietly as he read the medical journal he grabbed out of his bag.

"Hmmm" she nodded finally finding her comfortable spot.

"Go to sleep, I'll wake you later for a snack."

"Kay, night" she whispered leaning up to kiss him on his cheek before putting her head back down on his shoulder and he went back to reading his magazine as he waiting for the flight to take off and for them to be on their way back home again.