Chapter 5

A/n: I felt like writing another chapter so....

I was sitting and writing a letter to Jeanette. "why is it that every time I come to see you you're always writing a letter?" Lucas asks as he pops out of nowhere and sits on my bed. "hey Lucas." I say without looking up.

I'm 16 now. My 17th birthday is coming up. I didn't have a coming of age ceromony or anything cuz I'm not interested in those things. Me and Lucas has gotten a lot closer. We still annoy the heck out of each other, but I don't hate him now like how I used to. I took Lucas's words from that day to heart and started trusting people more.

"hey wait, look here." he says and grabs my face. He still has no manners, tho. "what?" I ask. "Your mana has returned to your body." he says. "oh yeah katsu disappeared the other day." I say. "katsu?" he asks. "my mana beast" I answer. "man, why do you guys name your mana beast? It's gonna disappear anyway." he says and I scoff. "hmmm. Should I teach you magic?" he asks himself. My eyes lit up. "you'd do that?" I ask. He looks at me. My eyes are literally sparkling right now. "agh. Fine. I'll teach you." he says and I smile. "yayyy. Thanks, Lucas." I say as I finish the letter and put it in an envelope. There was a knock on the door. I look at lucas and he became invisible. I open the door revealing Cabell. "hey." he says. "hi. What brings you here?" I ask. "we were supposed to learn for the upcoming knight test together. Did you forget?" he asks. "oh fu- I forgot." I say and he laughs. "then I'll wait for you in the library." he says. I nod and he leaves. I close the door. "knights test? The hell is that?" Lucas asked. "it's a test for all those who wants to become a knight. It's extremely hard to pass and if you do, you'll get registered as a knight." I explain. "ohhh. Well knowing you, you'd pass with flying colours." he said. "yeah, but Cabell needs help so I'm helping." I say. "speaking of, you and that Cabell guy seems real close." he says. "obviously, he's my friend." I say. He looks at me for some time. "OK, I'm going to leave now." he says. "bye. " I say and he disappears. I go to the library and help Cabell with studies. He got most of it. He'll pass.

                                                                          Time skip to the exam.

I finish writing the exam and hand it in. I look around to see everyone still writing. The examiner took my paper and let me go. I went outside and waited for Cabell to be done with his exam. After 30 mins the students started filing out of the classroom. 

"man, It was so hard, I'm definitely going to fail." 

"ahhh, there goes my dream." 

"but that girl left extra early. She probably didn't know any of the answers." 

I'm already used to this kinda thing. It's still annoying as fuck though. Then I saw Cabell walk out. "how was it?" I ask as I walk over to him. He gives a thumbs up. "awesome. I didn't get 3 of them but I knew the rest of them. I'm definitely gonna pass." he answers. I smile. "Let's go get something to eat." I say. 

                                                                                    The next day. 

Today is mine and ijekiel's birthday. I'd bought him a men's brooch which had magic imbued in it.

 I'd bought him a men's  brooch which had magic imbued in it

 I go to his dorm and knock on the door. He opens it. "oh. Happy birthday, y/n!" he says. "happy birthday to you too!" I say. I give him his gift. I enter his room and we talk for some time. Thats when Cabell and enrich bursts into the room. "guys, you have to come with us, now!" Cabell says and drags us outside. Cabell covers ijekiels eyes while enrch covers mine. We walk for sometime and then stop. "OK, ready?" enrich asks. "yeah.. .?" I say. He then removes his hand revealing a huge banner that said 'happy birthday y/n and Ijekiel.' and a huge cake set on a table and gifts up in a pile. Eugene and Hari were standing there too. "surprise!" Cabell says. I feel a smile forming on my face. "thank you guys." I say and enjoys the rest of the day with the people that I consider family

I got a lot of gifts that day. But the one I liked the most was found lying on the bed when I returned to the dorms. I opened it to find the most beautiful sword. 

There was no card attached but I knew who it was from

There was no card attached but I knew who it was from. Thank you for this gift... Lucas.

                                                      Time skip to getting the results of exam

The whole class was restless. Our swordsmanship instructor was the one who was giving out the results. "I'm really sorry to say that the majority of people failed. But one person's results made me extremely happy." he said smiling. Then he gave out. Most of them failed like he said. That idiot Cain passed. Cabell obviously passed. Then it was my turn. "y/n... You did different from what I expected." our Instructor said. Huh? I'm pretty sure I passed, though. "not only did you pass, but you got the perfect score. You're the top of the class! Congratulations " he said, smiling brightly. I smiled and took my paper and sat down. Then there was a loud bang. I look up to see Cain with his hands on the table. This guy, seriously. " you're telling me that that bitch got more than me?! There's no way. She must have copied or something." he says. "sir eckhart, lady alpheus here passed with top score. It's impossible to copy at the knights test and you know that. Now please keep quiet and take your seat or I'll have to deduct your marks." our instructor said. Cain grits his teeth. Then I felt something it the side of my face. I looked and saw a glove." y/n Alpheus. I challenge you to duel. " he says glaring at me. I smirk and grab the glove. "I accept."

                                                                                            *******

"I demand a rematch. You obviously cheated." Cain screams. He was on the floor, under my foot. To make a long story short, we battled, I won, he asked for a rematch and then I won again. The rest of the class seeing that I won both times, took my side. I hate those kind of people. They pick someone to suck up to, and when that person gets beat, they'll immediately leave that person behind. "I knew you would win from the start" Cabell says smiling. That incident made everyone shut up. Cain was known as the strongest swordsman at the academy so me beating Cain and getting the top score made them realize that I'm someone to be taken seriously. 

The Knighting ceremony took place a few days later. Hari, Ernst, Eugene and ijekiel were there to congratulate me and Cabell. Then Lucas came at the end of the ceremony, said "congrats" and then disappeared without giving me a chance to say thanks. I became quite famous after that as the first female knight ever. My time at the academy was now over and it was time to return home. 

A/n: this is kinda short, but I wanted to write it so... Yeah. Thanks for reading, I love you all 💜🖤