Chapter 9

You look at all the ladies present there. Right now, It's the tea party where Athanasia's Mana goes out of control. But, Lucas had said there's nothing wrong with the bow Jeanette gave Athanasia. You observed everything and everyone but nothing seemed fishy. 'Maybe I'm just overthinking it.' You thought. Just then you hear ladies' screams. you turn to see Raven charging straight at them. Your heart starts pounding in you chest. 'Will I be able to stop what's coming?' You think. and that's when it happened. Athanasia spit out blood. Everything happened so quickly. You and Jeanette were thrown black due to her mana explosion. Magicians started appearing. 'Shit.' You think, when you see Claude there. You have to stop it. Or else, Athanasia will suffer. You see Claude walking straight into the explosion. Felix tried to stop him. "Your Majesty, It's dangerous!" Claude just shook his hand off and continued walking. That's when you held him back. He turned to glare at you. "Let go of me." He said, His eyes glowing. You give him a small smile before pushing him a bit back and walking forward straight into the eye of mana explosion.

****** 

Athanasia opened her eyes to see Felix and Lily beside. "Princess! I'm so glad I thought something had really happened this time..." Lily says while wiping away tears. "How long was I out for?" Athanasia asked, now in Lily's arms. "Ten days." Lily answered. "Did Lucas return?" Athanasia asked. Before Felix could answer, the door opened and Claude, Jeanette and Ijekiel entered the room. "Papa.. Jeanette and... Ijekiel too?" Athanasia asked. "Looks like you have woken up." Claude says and sits beside her. "Thank god... I'm glad your awake, princess." Jeanette says while crying. "Did Lucas return?" Athanasia asked again. Felix shook his head in response. "Then how..?" She looked around the room and realized something. "Where's Y/n?" She asked. Suddenly everyone's face changed. "Where's y/n?" She asked again. "Lady Alpheus collapsed when ten days ago and hasn't woken up ever since. She ran into the mana explosion to save you and managed to stabilize it, but... " Felix explains. "She risked her life to save yours." Claude says. Athanasia got up and tried walking, but body became weak so she immediately fell down. "Athanasia! You have to lie down." Claude says holding her up. Despite that, she gets up and tries to walk again but falls down. Claude sighs and picks her up. "Fine, then. let's go." 

******

Athanasia, carried by her father, enters a room. the room where you were currently lying down. 3 boys and a girl who Athanasia couldn't recognize was there, next to the bed you were sleeping on. "Y/n?" Athanasia calls as she walks closer to the bed. "Wake up,Y/n!" She says shaking you a bit. "She's been like that for the past few days." The boy with brown hair and blue eyes spoke. "Pardon my rudeness. I'm Cabel Ernst, A friend of Y/n's from the academy. Glory and blessings upon the obelian empire." He says, bowing. "Ah. y/n spoke about you in her letters." Athanasia says. "She hasn't reacted even a bit?" Athanasia asks while observing your condition. Your face was pale and your lips were slightly chapped. You looked like a corpse. "No." Ijekiel says while entering the room with felix, Lily and Jeanette. 'So that's why Ijekiel and Jeanette are here.' Athanasia thought. "The Physicians and Magicians said that she exhausted her mana trying to keep yours under control. They don't know if she will wake up." Ijekiel says. That's when Athanasia noticed Ijekiel's condition. He was a bit pale and had bags under his eyes. He must've spent all his time Taking care of y/n. "There's nothing else to do here. You still need to rest." Claude says and picks her up. They exit the room leaving you behind to recover.

******    

Things in the emerald palace weren't the same. Lily and Felix was trying extra hard to make it lively but without you, There wasn't anyone to make sarcastic remarks or tease Athanasia. Ijekiel and Jeanette had to leave after a few days. Ijekiel's condition had worsened. But the day kept changing as if nothing was wrong. A few weeks later Claude started getting severe headaches. Athanasia tried everything to help him but it didn't work. then one day, Roger Alpheus decided to bring Jeanette to the palace instead of Ijekiel. Jeanette wandered into the emerald palace and saw Claude, lying on the floor. She woke him up, and it was then that Claude discovered that being around Jeanette somehow lessened his headache. He started Inviting her for tea with him and Athanasia. Athanasia and Jeanette grew even closer. They even snuck out together once. And now, Jeanette and Athanasia were having tea when lucas rudely interrupted.

"What's with the frown?" He asks as he pops out of nowhere in front of Athanasia. Athanasia looks at him processing what just happened before screaming, "LUCAS!" "Ow, my ears.."Lu cas says. "LUCAS, COME HERE FOR A SECOND." Athanasia screams before dragging Lucas outside the room and Trapping him against the wall with both hands beside his head. "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING?" Athanasia screams. "What? why are you being like this..?" Lucas says before noticing her tears. 

"What happened?" Lucas asked.

 "While you were gone, my magic poured out and I almost died." Athanasia says.

 "What?"

"And dad's suffering from insomnia."

"Wait, Hold on."

"And Y/n..." 

Lucas grabs Athanasia. "Hey, Calm down First." He says, and Athanasia takes deep breathes and calmed down. "Now, What happened to y/n?" 

****** 

Lucas looks at your sleeping form. You looked dead. Athanasia had explained everything to him. About how her mana exploded and You ran straight in to save her. "You can't just run into a mana explosion like that... you'll die, Idiot." He says while twirling a strand of your hair in his hand. Your hair starts glowing. After a few minutes, he stops and just lays his head down next to you. The mana in you was in chaos. you had absorbed a part of Athanasia's mana as an attempt to control it, and it was clashing with your mana inside your body. That was the reason you were like this. And Lucas had just fixed it.

******  

You open your eyes to an unfamiliar room. You look down to see a black haired boy laying his head on the bed and holding your hand. 'Is he sleeping?' You thought. Not wanting to wake him up you slowly remove your hand. But, The boy's eyes shot open to reveal red eyes. He got up. "Y/n? You're awake." He says scanning your face. "Um.. yes." You say quietly. Then he begins to give you a whole-ass lecture. 

"Are you stupid? running into a mana explosion and risking your body like that? you even absorbed Athanasia's mana and your body couldn't hold it. It clashed with your mana, making your body like this. If I didn't come when I did, You would've died. You saved Athanasia, sure, But you could've died. do you know how annoying it is having Athanasia bug me? Okay, no I'm lying. I was fricking worried for you, Okay? Don't ever do something like that." 

You slowly nod, processing everything he just said. He sighs and you decided to ask the one question that was bothering you ever since you woke up.

"Um... Excuse me?" You ask.

"What is it? 

"Who are you?"

Word count:1241