Twenty- Five

Zayn tries to follow Liam but Liam's gone, once more and this time, Zayn needs an explanation, a proper one.

While Zayn is walking back to the entrance, he sees Kia, sitting on a corner, head in her hands. He wants to talk to her but at the same time needs to talk to Liam.

Zayn stops. He thinks for a moment. It's already messed up between me and Liam and I don't know what's happening with him, least I can do right now is help Niall if I can. I should talk to Kia.

ZAYN: "Hey! Are you alright."
Zayn walks closer. Kia moves her head up in shock.

KIA: "Zayn! What- what are you doing here?"
ZAYN: "Wondering why are people being so weird today."
KIA: "Sorry?"
ZAYN: "Nevermind. How are you?"
KIA: "I'm alright. Would you mind if I talk to you later."

Kia walks away.
(*I can't believe I just did that. It's all so f*cking wrong. I should have never kissed him back. I specially should not have walked away from Zayn. He must be ao confused about whatever the hell os going on right now. I should tell him. I need to-*)
Meanwhile-
Zayn- (*What the hell is wrong with everyone today? Or did I do something? As much as I know I didn't! What am I supposed to do? Just sit here and wait for everyone to talk to me?*)

KIA: "Zayn?"
Kia shouts from the other end of the room, loud enough for anyone to hear, she disturbs Zayn's thoughts.
Zayn looks towards her and gives her a sympathetic smile, Kia wanted it, she definitely did, but why would Zayn? Zayn shouldn't be the one feeling like this. It should be her and Liam and well they are.

Zayn starts walking towards Kia, she points towards the main gate and Zayn follows her.

ZAYN: "So you decided to talk to me?"
KIA: "Kinda-"
ZAYN: "What is that supposed to mean?"
KIA: "Come with me, I mean, you know Niall's house right? I need to go see him."
ZAYN: "That's good but I think you should go alone."
KIA: "No! I can't. There's something I wanna tell both of you."

Zayn pauses for a  moment and then nods. Zayn is confused. He has no idea about what the hell is going on. Zayn sits in his car and starts driving towards Niall's house. Kia follows his car.

After a few minutes, Zayn pulls off.
ZAYN: "You go inside. I'll be right behind you. I just need to text Liam."
KIA: "Okay!"

"KIA: "Okay!"

Niall opens the door

NIALL: "KIA? ZAYN?

Kia, without any second thought, wraps herself around Niall and whispers, "I'm sorry I should've told you." Niall doesn't wanna let her go, he holds her in his arms and then kisses her forehead, and says,  "doesn't matter, you are here now."

Niall catches the glimpse of Zayn who is standing at the door,  smiling at both of them, arms folded around his chest. He pulls away from Kia and steps forward to hug Zayn.

NIALL: "Thanks man."
ZAYN: "Haha! I didn't do anything. She decided to come herself."

Niall pulls away, smile not leaving his face, he says, "But why do you look so worried, Kia?"

KIA: "I know this isn't my decision to take but I can't pretend like nothing happened. Not anymore."

ZAYN: "What do you mean?"
KIA: "I wanna tell both of you what really happened."
ZAYN: "I don't wanna know what happened between you to. That's your matter to discuss."
KIA: "No Zayn, you do, now sit down and let me start."

Niall and Zayn look at each other, trying to understand what exactly is happening.

KIA: "I have been acting weord since the day you came to the cook-off."

NIALL: ''Yea. I- I didn't realise it."

KIA: "And Liam didn't walk away yesterday without any reason."

ZAYN: "Wait wha- So, umm... So this is about Liam now?"

KIA: "Liam and I used to date, long time ago, like years ago. I know Liam should be the one telling you this Zayn, but he feels guilty, for not telling you, and he isn't good at expressing himself, so I decided to do it."

ZAYN: "Um, wow- but?"

KIA: "Let me finish."

KIA: "We used to date, back when he opened his first restaurant, and we always more of best friends than a couple. While I was with Liam, he went through a lot, and I think you know about it, the cases, the new restaurants,  it wasn't easy for him."

ZAYN: "He told me about one of the cases."

KIA: "He did? Anyways, he always used to be away, we were drifting apart, I wanted to ask him, if we should take a break but I never did, I wasn't able to, I didn't want to lose the friend I found in him."

Niall holds Kia's hands, and looks in her eyes.

NIALL: "You two think it makes a difference? Even if you dated some time ago, you are still the same to me."

KIA: "Thank you Niall."

Kia continues...

KIA: "I remember, one day, when he was acting all weird, just like he's acting right now." *Kia chuckles*

KIA: "He came back home, it was Christmas and by home I mean Wolverhampton. We weren't on our best those days and I was there only because of Liam's family. They always treat me like I'm their own daughter, even now."

Zayn, pushing his thoughts away, decided to say something-

ZAYN: "Then? What happened on Christmas? Sorry, I don't really sound like that."

Niall places an arm around Zayn's shoulder to let him know that it's okay to feel whatever he's feeling right now.

KIA: "I know you don't. On Christmas, when he came back home, he took me to another corner to talk, I know it was time, to break up-, I know it was time for things to end between us but what he told me, I am so proud of him for that."